"What?? Did you say 8 trips in 2019?" An new AP holder's PTR (updated 11/25)

Chapter 4: July Plans

Hey guys! So another trip is upon us so it’s time to post our plans! Please note that my computer went kaput so I’m posting from my iPad, which is annoying, but it’s all I got at the moment.

Ok, so we are leaving tonight at around 6pm and driving about halfway, stopping in Valdosta, GA. Should take about 3.5 hours or so. We will be staying at a Fairfield Inn & Suites, right off the freeway. Tomorrow, hoping to be up fairly early to enjoy some free breakfast, then head out by 9/10ish, and about 3.5 hours to Disney. Hopefully we can get checked in early, grab some lunch, then possibly hit the pool. Our goal is to be at MK by around 5. I’m sure it will be a madhouse but we have our 3 FPs, filling in time with things like the PeopleMover, Philharmagic, and Carousel of Progress. Then we have the dessert party booked so we have a reserved viewing for the fireworks. After that we are hoping to meet up with @ariane37 and her family and see what else we can accomplish. The park closes at 1am and we’ll stay until we are ready to go.

Friday, we are headed to AK. We have our 3 FPs and a breakfast at Tusker House
. Planning to meet up with @ariane37 and family and @pepperandchips and her better half ;) at Nomads around noonish. I’m excited to spend time with my Dis friends and try a new (to us) spot. Next pool and rest time, then to MK for an LTT dinner at 7:20 and whatever else we want to do.

Saturday, we start at HS with our 3 FPs and lunch at Sci Fi. More pool and rest time then Epcot for a 5:45 dinner at Le Cellier and hopefully meeting up with our Dis friends again!

Sunday, I did book 3 FPs at MK but I think we will probably just head home. We tried to do the park on departure day thing in June and it was just too much plus Chad needs to go to work Monday so he wants time to decompress at home that night. If we did anything, I think we’d stop at DS or the outlet on Vineland but I think the general consensus might be breakfast at CSR then home.

There ya have it! Quick fun long weekend trip just to see the fireworks and enjoy some time away from home!

Last edited:

Chapter 5: Updated PTR Plans

Okay guys, so I had completely abandoned this PTR (and my March TR) and I apologize greatly for it. Part of my issue was my computer went kaput during the summer, when I am off work and have the most time to DIS. The other part is work has really been kicking my butt and I also am an agent in my "spare" time so that doesn't leave much else. But, finally, knock on wood, things seem to be slowing a tad bit at work, so I am really trying to get back to the DIS.

So, just fyi, our August trip got cancelled. And we, also, were not able to make a last minute trip for AP previews for SWGE because, for like the first time ever, they excluded Gold Passes. Oh well. Chad and I did make our adult's only October trip and it was short but sweet! Now we are getting ready for our Thanksgiving trip in less than 2 weeks. We also have 4 trips booked for 2020 currently, all before our APs expire in June and we may add more if we are able to renew. Two of the 4 trips (Jan and May/June) are the pretty much for sure ones. March is our Spring Break trip and I would say, it is the one most likely to be cancelled if we needed to. We also have an adult's only April trip that could also be on the chopping block but hopefully we can get everything figured out and make them all. But I'll keep you updated. Specific dates:

January 18-20 CBR
March 29-April 2 FQ
April 23-26 Gran Destino
(May 29 @ Legoland)
May 30-June 7 Riviera (5/30), BRV @ WL (but hoping to switch to BWV or BCV)

Anyway, I do have our Thanksgiving trip plans ready to go but I will save that for another post. Hopefully, I haven't lost all my readers at this point!

Last edited:

Okay so I guess I kind of lied when I said work was slowing down. This week has been crazy but thank goodness Thanksgiving Break starts at about 3:45pm! And someone decided to play a cruel joke on me and I'm getting my admin observation at 2pm today. Ugh. So I am being mean teacher - and I brought candy for bribery purposes - to keep these kids in line because they are so antsy and excited (who can blame them...but it isn't very fun for me when they are so wound up).

Anyway, I will post my plans sometime this weekend or definitely before we leave on Wednesday early morning. Thanks for all your patience!

Chapter 6: November Plans

Okay, so we have a change on the horizon. I think we have decided to head down halfway tomorrow night, then finish up Wednesday morning, instead of doing it all Wednesday AM. I still need to book a room and we have a ton to do but I think that's the consensus. I really wanted to drive all the way because I found someone renting last minute reservations for tomorrow night at Grand Flo for $170 and AKL for $120 but my oldest had asked his Mom-Mom (my mom) to cook an early Thanksgiving dinner so he didn't have to miss it, so she is and we are having it tomorrow afternoon. Oh well...not meant to be, but that did get the wheels turning on the leaving early plans! Should take us about 3.5 hours to Valdosta tomorrow night (hoping to arrive around 11) and then 3 hours Wednesday. I doubt we will rush because I have no idea when we will get in our room but we won't dilly dally either. At the very least, we will get more time to check out the resort (we are at Gran Destino) and more DS time if we can get in the room early then head over. We love DS and there is so much to do there, so we would welcome more time. Okay so my rough sketch plans:

Wed 11/27 Check into Gran Destino. Get settled and head to Disney Springs. Paddlefish dinner, shopping, specialty drinks, Christmas Tree Trail, meeting Santa, maybe some photos at the Photopass Studio.

Thurs 11/28 (Thanksgiving): Magic Kingdom. FPs for all the mountains other than Space. Hopefully some Christmas treats, Thanksgiving lunch at LTT, midday break, dinner at WCC and seeing WL all dressed up for Christmas with a NEW Gingerbread House. Back to MK for the HEA Garden View Dessert Party.

Fri 11/29: Animal Kingdom, meeting Mickey & Minnie with a FP for some Christmas Card photos, a few other rides/FPs (FOP for 2 of us, Navi for the other 2, Dinosaur), midday break, Epcot, La Hacienda for the Candlelight Processional Dinner package, Festival of the Holidays booths, Epcot Forever.

Sat 11/30: DHS EMH for hopefully Smugglers Run, then on to TSL to get whatever we can there (Slinky FP), Droid Depot, midday break, back to DHS, Minnie's Seasonal Dine for dinner, Sunset Seasons, JBJB Dessert Party.

Sun 12/1: Sadly, time to head back home. But we will be back in January!

I am so excited for this trip with all the holiday offerings. I hope I can eat and drink and buy ALL the things, though I have a feeling I need to start prioritizing because there is just so much available goodness, I'll never be able to get to everything I want!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!