What did you want to be when you grew up?

Well, when I was about five, I wanted to be a cowgirl.

Then, at age 11, I had the opportunity to answer phones in the principal’s office. I decided then that I wanted to be a secretary. I worked as a legal secretary for 36 years. :)

Television repair or a jeweler - I was an odd little girl

Rockette (at 5'4" with 2 left feet that was not to be)
Teacher
Zoologist
Beautician
Social Worker (went to college for this but never practiced)

A nun! :laughing:I went to Catholic school and my 1st grade teacher was my hero. I just thought she was the nicest person in the world and I wanted to be just like her. (She was actually kind of abrupt and strict.) I was devastated when she told us she would be moving out of state to take care of her mother and not coming back in the fall. That was on the last day of school as we were lined up to leave. Broke my little six year old heart that I would never see her again. I started to cry and she told me to stop-children going to second grade don’t cry! I like to believe she just didn’t want to break down herself.
I’m not a nun but I do teach so that part ended up happening. :goodvibes

First I wanted to be a veterinarian. Discovered when I was about 12 that I was terribly allergic to animals :(
I deep down always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom. I thought, what a great job. That is what I'm doing for now. DD is 16 so once she goes back to school in the fall, I'll be looking for something. I'm a little excited, but kinda not.

My first memory of having any kind of desire was in the third grade - I wanted to be a stewardess. ("Flight Attendant" now, of course, but back then they were stewardesses.) Never happened.

Honestly? Nothing. I really can't ever remember having a specific ambition and as it happens, I nailed it. :rotfl:

Teacher
Hairdresser
Flight Attendant
Actress
Super-Model
Mother

Out of these I am a mother :-) and whilst not a Teacher I work in schools as an Occupational Therapist

Veterinarian when I was very young, then that evolved into a librarian.

I was a public children's librarian for a while, but I quit when I was pregnant with my second child and I never went back to it. I do something unrelated now, still work with kids but I made the move to an employer that pays a bit more than I could make as a public librarian, and my new employer participates in a state pension fund. Lol, when things get tough at work I think about that pension so I can keep going!

Flight Attendant - how crazy is that since I hate/afraid of flying (I fly but not happy or often)

Later years, Dancer, Psychology and attorney

My son was entranced by the garbage truck that picked up our trash and at 5 yrs really wanted to work on a garbage truck. He is an engineer now so never realized his dream.

During a recent hotel stay one of my 6 yr twin girls decided she wants to clean rooms when she grows up. I didn’t have the heart to point out that any room she cleaned would be in much better shape before she cleaned it compared to after she cleaned. She might be the first cleaning lady to force a hotel into bankruptcy.

When I was very young, I just wanted to be a mom; but, that's probably because I was emulating my own stay-at-home mom.
By the time I was in high school, I wanted to be a writer. I was a reporter for a few years.

Now, I'm a nurse. That wasn't even a blip on my radar until I was about 30.

I wanted to be a lawyer then a teacher. Didn't do either. I have a business degree and work in logistics.

A Mom
An Art Teacher
A long haul truck driver
Well, I guess you could say I've been a success because I've accomplished 2 out of the 3 :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter