What discontinued snack/beverage would you bring back?

Do cereals still have toys in the boxes? I remember duping my mother into buying some cereals based on the free toys inside. Three or four times I wouldn't eat the cereal; I just wanted the toy.

That plastic glow in the dark monster inside the Super Sugar Crisp box sounds tempting even today.

These days cereal tends to have codes for online games and such, or things that interact with smart phones. I haven't noticed any plastic toys in a while, but sometimes there is a card or sticker (that you can scan with your phone or somesuch - everything is online these days).

I am currently looking for the Super Mario cereal with an actual Amiibo on the box that you can scan in Super Mario Odyssey. I haven't had any luck.

We still have our Peanuts glasses (I think from McD's). At this point, they are a family heirloom I will pass down to my kids.

Yeah, I don't have Peanuts ones, but I do have some Disney McDonald's ones. They are sort of square-ish and there is one for each of the four parks at WDW. I still remember collecting them.

I remember a snack pot, wafer biscuits, creamy philadelphia and a sweet chili dipping sauce. Trust me, it was da bomb. Not seen it in ages.

@amberpi - I'm watching the Carol Burnett anniversary show with DH and they just showed a skit where she's the Queen of England yelling at a member of the Queen's Guard about Viennetta and other such desserts and it reminded me of you and this thread of delicious treats of yore!

Well - since it says beverages, how about Henry Weinhard's and the original Rolling Rock beers? They used to be brewed at their own breweries, but now they've been converted for other brands. I understand that AB is still sort of making them elsewhere, but it's just not the same (plus I can't find Henry Weinhard's distributed in my area). There are other more or less discontinued beers, including Olympia.

@amberpi - I'm watching the Carol Burnett anniversary show with DH and they just showed a skit where she's the Queen of England yelling at a member of the Queen's Guard about Viennetta and other such desserts and it reminded me of you and this thread of delicious treats of yore!

The queen and Carol would both understandings wonderful extruded dairy deliciousness is/was.

Well - since it says beverages, how about Henry Weinhard's and the original Rolling Rock beers? They used to be brewed at their own breweries, but now they've been converted for other brands. I understand that AB is still sort of making them elsewhere, but it's just not the same (plus I can't find Henry Weinhard's distributed in my area). There are other more or less discontinued beers, including Olympia.

Rolling rock! I actually used to like that. And pbr, because apparently I like bad beer.

Last edited:

I used to enjoy those Rolling Rocks, back in the day...

Rolling rock! I actually used to like that. And pbr, because apparently I like bad beer.

Those are bland beers, but nobody should mistake bland for bad. I know a lot of beer snobs don't like to hear it, but it takes a lot of brewing skill to make a bland beer. Any kind of off flavors aren't going to be masked by strong flavors. I've talked to brewmasters at craft breweries, and they have a ton of respect for how consistent Budweiser, Miller, etc are. I went on a school camping trip with several families at my kid's school. I brought two bottles of Pliny the Elder because two was all I could get. It was little bit difficult to share it with a dozen beer drinkers though.

One of the other dads worked at Trumer Pils, which makes an Austrian-style pilsner. He brought a case of Budweiser. He was telling me about how Anheuser-Busch had made a one-off clone of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale that was almost a dead ringer for it. I've also toured their Fairfield, California brewery, and I could see cases of craft-style beers that they were making there, including Elysian Brewing beers (AB bought them out). There's a misconception that rice or corn makes a beer cheaper to make. It's not actually cheaper, but it produces a lighter style of beer that sells and that their customers expect.

Last edited:
Another for Viennetta. Taco Bell flavored Doritos.

THIS! Sometimes I think I'm the only one who remembers eating Taco Bell Taco Supreme flavored Doritos. I loved those things.

Another Dorito flavor that was really good was Jumpin' Jack Cheese.

Yes! Taco Bell Doritos were awesome. I asked my husband if he remembered them (he does) but he pointed out that now they have Dorito flavored tacos at Taco Bell. haha

Yes! Taco Bell Doritos were awesome. I asked my husband if he remembered them (he does) but he pointed out that now they have Dorito flavored tacos at Taco Bell. haha

I don't typically buy those (Doritos Locos tacos) by themselves, but somethings they have package deals where one is included. They've also been included in the free taco promotions they've had, like in the World Series or NBA Finals.

The basic problem is that they're not very strong. It's basically a thinner Doritos shell and not just the flavor added to their regular shell. The Doritos shells are packaged in cardboard sleeves to keep them from breaking.

19121955_714883172052425_3926199239301922816_n.jpg

Apparently they tried to spray on the Doritos flavoring onto their regular, strong corn shells but it wasn't like biting into Doritos.

https://www.fastcompany.com/3008346/deep-inside-taco-bells-doritos-locos-taco

I loved the Sunkist Fun Fruits Creme Supremes. The yogurt covered fruit bites. And peanut butter flavored granola bites that were in an orange pouch. Not sure of the name. I seem to remember the pouch being more of a triangular shape than a regular pouch. The top and bottom were sealed in opposite directions if that makes any sense.

corner bakery use to have fresca, cut they cut it, bring it back. I know its still at markets, but I am over diet coke for lunch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter