What discontinued snack/beverage would you bring back?

Cool Whip FROSTING. Only available in the freezer section. A million times better than canned frosting.

I don't remember Cool Whip frosting, but I think there used to be "chocolate flavored" Cool Whip decades ago. Maybe other flavors too. I used to eat it right out of the tub.

My mother often bought Dream Whip, a boxed powdered whipped topping mix. I still see that in stores.

I don't remember Cool Whip frosting, but I think there used to be "chocolate flavored" Cool Whip decades ago. Maybe other flavors too. I used to eat it right out of the tub.

My mother often bought Dream Whip, a boxed powdered whipped topping mix. I still see that in stores.
The Cool Whip frosting came in chocolate and vanilla. The chocolate was mmmmmmmmmm...

cool-whip-frosting.jpg

They still make Chunky bars. I get them every year for my mom as part of her small gifts

Maybe there is hope! I haven't seen one around here in a long time. Your posts inspired me to try the Nestle "product locator" online, lol - it said that there wasn't anyplace that sold them within a 15+ miles, but I'll keep hope alive! :confused3 We don't have Wawas either, although I went to one once in VA...[/QUOTE]
They have them at Cracker Barrel if you have one near you

How about stuff that isn't missed? Anyone remember Simple Pleasures "frozen dairy dessert"? It used a fat substitute with the trademark name Simplesse. It had a lot of the problems that Olestra had, which was that it wasn't fully digested. Same issue with sugar-free hard candies that used sugar alcohols like sorbitol.

http://adage.com/article/news/spoils-victory-turn-sour-simplesse/87374/
https://priceonomics.com/the-failure-of-the-fat-free-revolution/

There was another one I thought was kind of gross, which was Mocha Mix non-dairy frozen dessert. It used soybean oil instead of milk fat. It didn't really have any digestive issues, but it made me nauseous.

Thank goodness it is still available; I actually use it. I've got several "secret family recipes" that are throw-backs to the 70's - people LOVE them and I'm pretty sure I couldn't reproduce the results with whipped cream.

Are Certs and Lifesavers still available in the States? Certs have been gone here entirely for 3 or 4 years; can't even get 'em on Amazon. I do see the very, very occasional package of Lifesavers 5-Flavour at a gas station or convenience store once in a while. I miss both of them.

Are Certs and Lifesavers still available in the States? Certs have been gone here entirely for 3 or 4 years; can't even get 'em on Amazon. I do see the very, very occasional package of Lifesavers 5-Flavour at a gas station or convenience store once in a while. I miss both of them.

I know the Walmart near me had the Lifesaver "books" at Christmastime.

It looks like you can still get them on the web site:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Life-Sav...torybook-Gift-Box-6-Rolls-of-Candies/46089013

Thank goodness it [Dream Whip] is still available; I actually use it. I've got several "secret family recipes" that are throw-backs to the 70's - people LOVE them and I'm pretty sure I couldn't reproduce the results with whipped cream.

Yep, I think my mother used Dream Whip more as an ingredient in her 70's dessert creations rather than as whipped topping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter