What discontinued snack/beverage would you bring back?

That's because Hostess actually went out of business (in 2012). About a year later, some other company (Apollo Global Management), purchased the "Hostess" name and products, and started selling them in 2013. They're not the same.
I've tried a few and they definitely taste different. I won't eat them anymore.

Not a snack but I so very much miss the old Kraft mac and cheese (that had colors and dye, and comfort taste :)). I do not care for the new version at all.
I knew something was different.

Kroger brand Mac and Cheese. It’s not exact but it’s about as close as you can get.
I shop at Kroger. I'll have to give them a try.

Kraft used to make a boxed pasta 'chicken dinner' I think it was called. It was the size of a mac and cheese box. The pasta was cut into small square shapes. They were next to the 'spaghetti dinner' they sold as well. So good, but they stopped making it.
I grew up on the Kraft Spaghetti Dinner, not the Italian one. They stopped making the plain. I loved it as a child. Wish I could still get it cause I don't care for the Italian.

I wish I could still get Cheese Nips. I have a baked chicken recipe that I made with them. Cheese Its don't cut it and I don't care for them.

My husband would love to have Tropical Fruit Lifesavers Hard Candy. We can't find them anywhere.

And talking about changing recipes, Mars bar doesn't taste the same way it used to, neither does Coca Cola.

Not necessarily discontinued but I'd love to have original recipes for Hostess and Little Debbie treats. They've changed ingredients and formulations over the years and are just gross now.
I used to adore Little Debbie Star Crunch with a glass of ice cold milk. Circa the '70s. They are DEFINITELY not the same now.

And I agree, the new and "improved" recipes for all these items (Little Debbie, Hostess, Tasty Kake, Drake, Entenmann's, etc) make it SO much easier to no longer indulge.

Last edited:

Also Apple Raisin Crisp cereal. I ate it all the time and miss it. I bet that no one else remembers it.

This...

e99b2ae2-3381-4717-a286-a3912346d7df_1.38863775733d41423241f0aa28ebfaae.jpeg

c_69_cinnamon_mini_buns_front.jpg

growing up my mom and I would often eat breakfast at Hardees. Then they closed early 90s and I have seen them since open again but it's not the same. I believe it's now different owners. But back then they had AWESOME cinnamon raisin biscuts and their regular ones were great too... Missed those cinnamon with that icing..

I want to agree with the Gator Gum. That stuff was good when we were playing ball in high school.

But the Rice Krispies Treat Cereal is still available in Southern Illinois. Don't know why it is better than Rice Krispies covered in sugar but it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter