What Disney rule did you discover during your planning that is totally ridiculous!

I know at some of the 3D shows (I think almost all of them) there is a recorded audio message that says to move all the way down. It always plays, and Cast have no control if it plays or not. If they really don't want people to move all the way down, the person in the theatre should spiel to the entering audience to stop halfway (or 3/4) depending on the crowd size.

I know at some of the 3D shows (I think almost all of them) there is a recorded audio message that says to move all the way down. It always plays, and Cast have no control if it plays or not. If they really don't want people to move all the way down, the person in the theatre should spiel to the entering audience to stop halfway (or 3/4) depending on the crowd size.

I've heard them do precisely this at multiple venues during periods of light attendance.

And for those folks who absolutely must sit in the center of the row even when they are told to move down- don't mind the other guests if your feet get trod on as we all try to move past you to fill up the empty seats. Some people are just so inconsiderate. . .

I have heard the "move at least 3/4 of the way down" anouncement oftern when theaters won't get filled. That usually gives a license for people to just stop a little more than half way.

I even heard at a very low attended American Adventure a CM say "you can pretty much sit wherever you want". :rotfl2:

I feel like it penalizes the people who plan ahead and get there early for the next show -
So for those shows that run continuously and load from one side with a holding pen and exit the other, plan even further ahead and make sure you're a bit back from the door in the holding pen or dawdle a bit in picking your row. It isn't really all that tough.

I hope that I can find away around what you think is great crowd control. I can't sit anywhere but on the end of a row, or else my claustrophobia kicks in and I freak out. That would be pure hell for me, to have to sit in the middle of a section. I don't do it at movies or concerts either.

You can. Just let the cast members know you need to sit at the end. We've had to so this before and never had a problem. If you are concerned you will get a hard time get a GAC stating your specific need to show the cm.

I've done this for Cirque tickets too. When I called for tickets they connected me to someone who could handle getting me tickets for specific needs without having to take up space in disabled seating.

Hope this helps!

and then I dislike it when I plan ahead of time, and purposely stand back from the doors a ways, and then keep an eye out.. choose the row that seems like enough people have entered to allow us to sit around the middle, and then BAM! a group plops down in the middle, and we end up on the very right end.

the rule is there for a reason.. to allow the theater to fill in, and allow for as many as possible to fit.

we often go at slower times, and then you hear the CM announce "sit where ever you wouldlike"

That they don't send Mickey Mail to those of us outside US/Canada. I feel this is an important and emotional milestone to our trip and I'll won't be able to experience it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter