What Do I Need to Cross the Border?

SpecialFXKid

Earning My Ears
I've searched the Canadian Govermnent sites, and (suprise, suprise) they're no help at all. What exactly do I need to get into the States from Canada? Do I NEED a Passport? Or will a Birth Certificate and Drivers License work?

The second part of the question is, I'm flying from Buffalo to Orlando. What ID do I need there, if any, when i'm flying from one state to another?

When we flew, we needed photo ID (used driver's licence) and birth certificate. When we drove over the border at Detroit, we showed driver's licence only. S

We flew from Buffalo for our honeymoon in June and you will need D.L and birth certificate for both. We go over to Buffalo frequently and sometimes are asked for one piece of ID but always have both. You will need your DL for the plane and keep it handy they will check it agian when you scan your baggage and go to the departures area and again when you actually board the plane with your boarding pass.

Your best bet for ID is a Canadian Passport it is probably the best form of ID to carry no matter where you travel to.

Just wanted to add that it totally depends on the border guard you get. We went to Buffalo yesterday and were not asked for any ID. But for flying you will definitely need at least your DL if not a passport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter