What do you do w/ an infant in restaraunt when strollers are not allowed?

cmgomez

Earning My Ears
I'm am traveling to WDW in May w/ a 7 month old. I am planning on bringing a lightweight stroller which is NOT a convertible with detatchable carrier. If I have no carrier and I am not allowed to bring the stroller in with me, what do I do with this child? She will still be too small for their high chairs. Will I just have to play pass the baby and give up any hope of having a peaceful meal? I would love to hear your suggestions! Thanks! :eek:

If the baby is sleeping, they always have been very accomodating and let us bring the stroller in with us. Are you sure the baby wouldn't be able to sit up in a high chair by then? All kids are different but I think by 7 months my daughter was sitting up - but you might need to stick a sweatshirt behind her to help prop her up a bit. If I recall, we used to stick the diaper bag behind her and that worked pretty well - just enough to fill in the empty space.

Jenn

If you are that concerned, I would bring the carseat-carrier and a snap-n-go frame to stroll it in. Depending on which seat you have the higchairs will hold it either right-side up (for an evenflo) or upside down (everything else). But wont your baby be sitting up by then?

There is a catalog called One Step Ahead (www.onestepahead.com). They sell something called a "sit and secure." My sister had one of these for my nephew. It's fabric and folds up to fit in the diaper bag. It might work. I don't know how to add the link to it. Go to their website and it's under meal times.

When my kids were 7 months, they both fit into highchairs just fine, but if your child is still too small, a trick I used to use is to bring a thick child size blanket, and roll it and place it around the child in the highchair to help cushion and support the child's sitting upright.

14a.gif

'84-Offsite
'95-DxL
'97-WL
'00-PO
'01-DxL
'02-DVC??

I just returned this week with a 4mo. The only place I wasn't allowed to bring in the stroller was Chef Mickey's, and there they had infant seat high chairs.

villains02.gif

Last year my daughter was 7 months old when we went to WDW. If the baby was sleeping, they would accomodate us and let us bring in the stroller. She was able to sit up, but the highchairs were a little big for her at that age. So we would roll up her blanket and wedge it behind her. She did fine.

I like the idea of the car seat and the Snap& Go stroller. My Century stroller has the car seat attachment. We used the infant seat in our rental car and sometimes it was convenient to snap it into the stroller if the baby had fallen asleep in the car. Then, in a restaurant, we just took the car seat part inside. Other times, when we did not drive, we used the stroller alone and propped her in a high chair as needed. I really liked having the choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter