What do you get for a referral........

Laurajean1014

<font color=blue>WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team<br><
My state does not allow inducements, rewards, etc. for referring timeshares or real estate. However, what states do allow and what have you received by referring friends that join?

Have a DVC day...........

I don't know which states allow it, but i believe you get disney dollars (more for each referrel). Ex: 1st referral: 100dd , 2nd referral: 250dd, etc. Those aren't the real numbers though.

New York allows it. We were very surprised when we got a choice of gifts when friends of ours joined.

Just don't ask me what they were. I don't remember.:(

I just got my first referral and it was a choice of $200. off my dues for the year (which I took) or $200. in Disney Dollars, or $ 200. donation to give the kids the world or $200. off your down payment towards buying more points..2nd referral in the same calender year is #350. 3rd is $500.....Marianne

I have had three. The first was years ago(1995) we had our or choice of two three day hopper passes or have a limo pick us up at the airport.We opted for the limo seeing how at that time we we getting frree park passes. On the second and third it was change to the current format. Both time I we chose the money to spend at the Disney store.

We took the tour last Dec and gave our friends' names as referring us. We didn't buy at that time but recently bought a resale. Will our friends still get a bonus? Do I have to notify my original guide who gave us our tour so that they will? Thanks!

Unless someone else knows otherwise for certain, I would say there would be no bonus because you did not buy from Disney.

Buying a resale doesn't affect the total number of owners at all, and therefore does not affect the money Disney receives for paying the contractors. (They were already paid for that unit when the original buyers purchased direct from Disney).

It would kind of be like Ford offering a rebate on cars, and then giving you the rebate because you purchased your next door neighbor's two year old Ford.

It just isn't gonna happen....

Bummer! I referred over 14 people and over 12 purchased within a 7 year timespan.

Wow! I gotta move!

I don't know what my state law is- but if I knew that it interfered with commerce in this way it sure would make me mad...Enough of the government "protecting" us from ourselves!!!Please -

Sorry this is sort of off topic- but if you live in a state where you are not allowed to receive a gift for referrals I encourage you to write you state legislators in protest of this sort of excessive government nonsense...If they don't agree vote him/her out--Draft a ballot initiative...Spread freedom!

Hooray for Freedom!

Paul

So how do you know if your state will let you recieve gifts for referals? I live in Michigan.

Gina

Gina,

Call your DVC rep! She/he would know! It may be in the DVC book, but I can't read that thing through (my eyes can't stay awake through it).

I would call my legislator but Joe Libermann has other things on his mind.... . . . . . . . :rolleyes:

OK, here's a list of participating states:

Alabama, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Utah, and Wisconsin.

I'll make a disclaimer and say that this list comes from a referral program 2 years ago so they may have added a couple since then. Anyone know of any changes? I noticed that it hadn't changed from the list that I had from 1997.

The biggest change I have seen in the program since 1997 is the dollar amount for second and third referrals. It used to double as it went up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter