What do you give a 21 year old daughter for Christmas?

What about car maintenance stuff? Our local car wash does packages for 9.95 the first month. It will help keep her car clean from salt.
My kids don't care for their cars that we provided to them. They have to be really obnoxious for them to run through a car wash. I didn't wash or wax the cars that my parents provided to me when I was that age.

I DID start to take care of them when I bought the car myself.

Just something to think about.

Not for our family! I always received socks and underwear growing up. My sisters and I decided to be goofy and we would pose with the underwear on our heads...like a hat. Fast forward to my 4 kids, and socks, underwear, and toothbrushes are feature items in their stockings. The socks are silly socks at this point, underwear are the nicer kind they might not purchase for themselves (i.e. Soma for the girls...boys just get boxer briefs), and they guess the color of their toothbrushes.

ETA: my kids are now ages 19 -23. My mom doesn't give me underwear anymore, but we all get tea towels instead.
Socks and underwear every year. Undershirts for the boys. My kids range from almost 17 - 23. And they still get matching pajamas Christmas Eve.

My dd isn't working while in school and likes VS bras and underwear and since I wouldn't pay those prices normally I would make an exception for Christmas gifts.
Exactly, my girls like VS, the kohl’s underwear gets worn only a few days a month...

My DD is soon to be 21. Loves Free People, Lulumon, LUSH....I too am into experiences. We are gifting her Chef Table at Victoria Alberts for our March trip....She loves amazon too.

Open an account for $250 in her name at Vanguard with the understanding that you'll match the $250 gift amount every year for the next 5 years, provided she contributes at least the same amount. Encourage her to research the funds, learn about the power of compounding interest and watch her money grow. Yea not the traditional gift, but in 30 years she'll realize it was the best gift ever. Is still thank my dear dad (RIP) who turned me onto Vanguard.

Or socks work too!

Open an account for $250 in her name at Vanguard with the understanding that you'll match the $250 gift amount every year for the next 5 years, provided she contributes at least the same amount. Encourage her to research the funds, learn about the power of compounding interest and watch her money grow. Yea not the traditional gift, but in 30 years she'll realize it was the best gift ever. Is still thank my dear dad (RIP) who turned me onto Vanguard.

Or socks work too!
Aw he sounds like my dad! My dad matches my daughter's gross summer income every year into a ROTH IRA. She made 5k in her summer job this past year and he jokingly said he must have been under the influence to continue the deal. DD claims she could use the money NOW but is sure she will appreciate it when she is 65! The Roth only works when you have a W2 to file but you could put in college fund etc...

Aw he sounds like my dad! My dad matches my daughter's gross summer income every year into a ROTH IRA. She made 5k in her summer job this past year and he jokingly said he must have been under the influence to continue the deal. DD claims she could use the money NOW but is sure she will appreciate it when she is 65! The Roth only works when you have a W2 to file but you could put in college fund etc...

That's what I'll be doing for my kids during their 4 years in college...I'm gonna match any summer job work pay in a ROTH for each kid and give that as their college graduation gift. Won't be as high as the 529s they get for high school graduation, but it should be the great next step for them, b/c they can retire on them or use the principal to help buy an eventual 1st place...

I thought she wanted a lavender sprig but then she mentioned trying to find a bee that she liked so I don't think she's narrowed it down yet. My guess is she will end up with both.

A shopping day with mom is a great gift!
LOL my daughter got a tattoo as soon as she turned 21. She’s fluent in Portuguese and had always said she was going to get something in Portugese. Last she mentioned was “but someday” (in Portugese). What did she get? A sprig of lavender! I call it her tattoo “stick”.

My kids don't care for their cars that we provided to them. They have to be really obnoxious for them to run through a car wash. I didn't wash or wax the cars that my parents provided to me when I was that age.

I DID start to take care of them when I bought the car myself.

Just something to think about.
Really? That is weird to me. I got my first car when I was 16 and washed it and waxed it by hand all the time.

My daughter lives at home, works & has her own car. The thing is, I'm plum out of ideas what to give my 21 year old daughter for Christmas. I can take the easy way out and get her various gift cards to some of her favorite places or cash but I guess I'm feeling like these choices have no special meaning behind them.

What do you give your 21 year old daughters? Any thoughts?
Nordstrom rack gift card!

Took her shopping the other day at Scheels. We came home with a new Patagonia 1/4 zip, a new sweatshirt/lightweight hoodie to wear under it, a new pair of sneakers (luckily found on clearance table). She also has asked for another pair of sneakers that I ordered, 2 different Yeti lids, CK underwear, and CK lounge pants. I also ordered her an "I am the storm" bracelet from Etsy. The one I really liked was a cuff bracelet and she won't wear those so I found a nice chain one with a wave "charm" centered in the middle.

Her advent calendar was lottery tickets & Hershey kisses again this year. She doesn't turn 21 until January so she doesn't get a beer advent calendar like her brother. I did his the easy way this year and bought it at Costco. Last year was homemade for both he and his GF. They said 24 beers each was too much so they are sharing one this year.

Or socks work too!
You stole my answer and made it so much better.

My daughter is a senior in college and these were on her list:

Paint by number kit (stress relief craft)
Memory foam mattress pad
2020 calendar planner book
FitBit (she'll use it for a month maybe)
Big candles
Converse Tennis Shoes ( have you seen the price of these!?)

I added:
Shampoo Gift Pack
Cable sweater blanket
cross stitch ( more stress relief crafts )
Target beauty box
Gift Cards
January WDW trip to see her sister ( for more stress relief )!

DD is now 26, but I have some ideas...
>Maybe not the car wash coupons, but what about stuff for the interior of her car? There are some cute pop-up trash cans (maybe 6" high), a tissue box holder that goes on the back of the seat, scented clips for the air vents, a holder for her phone, a good snow/ice scraper (depending on where you live, of course).. and yes, some car wash coupons. My 19 year old niece LOVED this.

>Does she get shellac/gel manicures? You can buy the lamp for this on Amazon, and most of them come with the base and top coat, as well as several nail colors. You could pair it with some decent manicure tools. I know it's not the same as going to the spa to have them done, but it's also great to be able to do this yourself in between visits!

I don't do gift cards. I got my 22 year old daughter a bottle of Coach Poppy perfume, a Patriots Jersey (Edelman) and a new pair of ski pants. She loves to travel and does so alot. My son bought her a snack subscription that highlights a different country that will be delivered to her each month for six months.

I think an IOU with a set plan for day together is a great idea: concert or museum ticket, lunch or dinner at a restaurant that she loves, and include shopping for a particular item you know she would like such as a handbag or a piece of jewelry or a pair of shoes.

Really? That is weird to me. I got my first car when I was 16 and washed it and waxed it by hand all the time.

Me too. Well I was 18 though. My dad is a clean car fanatic and I didn't want him to be annoyed at me and regret getting me the car.
We helped our kids get cars and one is a clean car fanatic, overall car enthusiast, and the other is a car slob. :laughing: I gave him a 10 pack of car wash vouchers last year as a stocking stuffer thinking that should get him through the winter until it warms enough to wash in our driveway. I think he used around 4 of them all year. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!