WHAT Do you have left to do? ( holidays)

Grumpy's Gal

DIS Veteran
I have gifts all wrapped and stockings stuffed. I need to do some laundry tomorrow and make my last grocery store stop. ( trying to stay out of stores on the weekend) if I have time, I will make one more batch of cookies and I need to make a big batch of mashed potatoes. I’ll wait a few more days to make pies.

How are you doing? I’m never as ready as I’d like to be.

I need to wrap gifts for my nephew and I hope to finish knitting a pair of mittens (for the 22nd or 23rd actually) and one more shawl (but happily I have until the 26th for this one). Considering all I've finished for Christmas this year I'm quite pleased with where I'm at.

I need to physically get from CA to NY, which should be OK as long as my flight remains on time tonight. Then, wrap everything, and help my SIL with whatever she needs since she is hosting. Then get from my husband’s family to mine to do it all over again!

I made a concerted effort to not run myself up until the last minute this year.

I just finished wrapping everything tonite. There are two more gifts arriving Saturday that will need wrapped when they arrive. And I need to grocery shop for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Then, I get to take a deep breath and relax.

Some wrapping and a little grocery shopping. I can't do groceries too far ahead--my DD, the pescatarian, arrives home tonight. She eats way differently from teh rest of us, which is okay, but I like to take her shopping when she's home, so she can get what she likes. Considering that there are three grocery stores within a mile of our house, this is NBD. I'd also like to take her to the local fish market--we live coastal, so everything is super fresh.

Today's the kids' last day of school. We'll spend the weekend baking more cookies (because...cookies!), and make homemade catnip treats for the cats, that sort of thing. But it's one of those things--if we don't get there, it's fine, it's more to give them something to do that benefits others, and takes up their time, waiting for Christmas to come.

I need to bake (already mixed and chilling in the fridge) two more batches of cookie. Going to make those oreo/cream cheese truffles. 99% of gifts are wrapped. But then there is the cleaning and setting up for 17 at dinner and then 5 of them sleeping over.

Need to return a bike to Walmart. It arrived yesterday. Bike gear poking thru the side of the box, one end of cardboard box has a 4 x4 piece missing (who knows what may have fallen out), those heavy duty staples ----all missing on one end, tape all over the place. This was suppose to go under the tree. It looks like it came from a trash pile. They would be happy to replace it, it would come Jan 3. Thanks a lot.

Spent several hours looking online and found one in store at Target.

I need to wrap the kids' stuff, and we still need to bake most of the cookies. DH made the sugar cookie dough, it is chilling in the fridge. I need to go to the store this morning to get something to snack on other than the cookies/candy/fudge/other sweet treats that we have received from the neighbors and kids at school. DS18 wants oranges, grapes, apples, cheese, crackers, carrots and broccoli (he doesn't eat many sweets). I might pick up a few more small things for the boys' stockings and I need to find cellophane bags for the beeswax candles that DH is making. Someone needs to clean the bathrooms, but not because Christmas is coming, just because.

Other than that, I'm off work until January 4, and my to-do list includes enjoying my new furniture that was delivered yesterday, watching Christmas movies and hang out with DH and the kids.

Update: I've been to Walmart and Dollar Tree and I survived! I was surprised, Walmart wasn't very busy yet. DS15 went with me, and we were out in about 45 minutes. I spent more time looking for the bags DH needs than anything, and ended up getting those at the dollar store.
And the wrapping is done!

Last edited:
I think I am pretty much done. I need to put together a cookie box to deliver to the neighbor.

I am hoping to get an appointment for tomorrow afternoon to get my nails done so they will look nice for all our family gatherings. I'm sure the nail salon will be packed on Saturday, but I am crossing my fingers I can still get an appointment.

Hmmm....let me think...:scratchin Eat, sleep, exchange presents, go do fun "vacation" stuff with DW and the kids. I think that about covers it.

We're done, finished, wrapped up (pardon the pun). Even Christmas dinner is easy. Just like Thanksgiving, we're ordering dinner pre-made so it's just heat and eat.

It feels SOOOOO good to be "done". The craziness will come right after New Years. Sports for the kids will start up again and we have a very short window to get all of our Christmas stuff down, both inside and outside.

Pretty much all of the wrapping still needs to be done. I need to grab two more gifts this weekend, and the rest of the items for our four stockings. Then there is regular groceries and grocery shopping for the things I need to bring to holiday potlucks . I don’t think I have ever been this last minute but life blew up about a month ago and we are doing the best we can. In fact I’m kind of amazed we’ve kept it all together as well as we have.

Little grocery shopping....doing that today
Last 2 kinds of cookies....doing that today
Get the sofa bed ready for DD.....Monday morning before everyone arrives

Waiting for one more Amazon gift to arrive tomorrow, then I have 4 things to wrap for hubby. Have to put the cats gifts in their stockings. And a quick trip to the market tomorrow. Also have a wake to go to tonite, and a funeral tomorrow. Then we have 3 days to rest, relax and enjoy the holiday.

Wrap all the gifts, make fudge to bring to my neighbor's on Christmas Eve, shop for holiday meals, put out the holiday candy I bought...and we have a family activity Saturday night -- going on a candlelight tour of historic homes decorated and staffed with actors portraying each time period. Should be lots of fun!

Maria :upsidedow

We're currently out of town & arrive back home tomorrow.

We did our immediate family's Christmas celebration (DH, 3 kids, & myself) while we were here at the beach. So all of our presents & stockings have been wrapped & filled & then have already been unwrapped. And we did all our Christmas cookie baking before we left, so that we'd have cookies to bring w/ us for Santa. Christmas cards were mailed before we left.

However, we'll celebrate Christmas w/ my side of the family on Christmas Eve, & we'll celebrate Christmas w/ DH's side of the family on Wednesday 12/26. The presents for our nieces & nephews have been purchased & are already wrapped. My dad's gift is completed & wrapped, & both my mom's & MIL's gifts are almost completed & wrapped.

But there are still a few little things we'll need to do once we return home:

1. I'm hoping to find some specialized tea today to complete my mom's gift & my MIL's gift, &, after we get back home, I'll need to wrap the tea.

2. I also need to wrap my parents' "together" gift which was purchased this past week.

3. I also still want to make a poster print of the song that was sung at DH's dad's celebration of life service in April to give to my MIL, so, after we have the poster printed at Staples & pasted on wood, we'll need to wrap it.

4. My sister's birthday is the day after Christmas, & I usually give her gift to her when I see her on Christmas Eve. I've purchased her gift & a card, but I need to wrap the gift.

5. I wanted our kids to still have something "special" for Christmas Day (12/25). Every year, we get them a new ornament, so I decided to not give them the ornaments until 12/25 this season. And I still need to wrap them.

6. On Sunday, we'll go to the grocery store to get a few things we're making to take to my parents' house on Monday. (I already have what I need to take to my MIL's house on Wednesday.) And, then, of course, we'll need to make & prepare the items we're taking.

So, what's left -

a trip to Staples (to print the poster), Home Depot (for the wood), & the grocery store on Sunday, 1 present to assemble, 8 presents to wrap, a relish tray to put together, a crock-pot of Chicken Tortellini Soup to make, & 2 strawberry pretzel salads to make.

Last edited:
Finish up the Christmas cards. I’ll do that this morning so the kids can drop them in the box on their way to school. They’re going to neighboring states so should be received tomorrow.

Finish up wrapping. This will be the bulk of my day. I want it done before the kids get home and start their break. They’ll wrap for big sis and daddy this afternoon and help sis decorate cookies.

Tomorrow: run up to Ulta for the mascara older DD likes for her stocking. Finish any gifts that might be left. (They’re like pots on the stove you notice after you’ve done the dishes. :laughing: ) DH will run to the store and grab the stuff for our sides for Christmas dinner.

Sunday: Clean the place up so we have the illusion of the “perfect” Christmas setting.

All the best laid plans. No doubt I’ll be scrambling Monday.

Well darn people! Now I feel completly unproductive! LoL

I am about to head out and finish my shopping. Finally bought wrapping paper yesterday. And have to do a grocery store run while I am out there. Tomorrow I bake/cook and wrap.

Talked to dh this morning. He is in Ohio and won’t get home until late tomorrow night, possibly Sunday. He hasn’t done any shopping. Guess who gets to go get her own gifts!! But he has to wrap them. Oh well, at least I know they will all fit and be the right color. Hmmmm, he may just “overspend” a little this year. Hee hee hee

30 years of him driving all over he country and this has only happened once before so I can’t really be mad. Besides we will have Christmas 2.0 in January with ods so he can get me a surprise for then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter