What do you like about your echo dot

Its okay...

Honestly, I leave it muted most of the time (red ring). I've found that most times we ask Alexa something, "she" doesn't have an answer for that. The other annoying thing is sometimes she'd just randomly say something apparently unsolicited...which is why we mute it.

For the money, its probably worth it...

Its okay...

Honestly, I leave it muted most of the time (red ring). I've found that most times we ask Alexa something, "she" doesn't have an answer for that. The other annoying thing is sometimes she'd just randomly say something apparently unsolicited...which is why we mute it.

For the money, its probably worth it...

Thank you I just figured this is the best way to spen 30 dollars could be wrong

What do you want to use it for Tink?

We use ours to play music but we have it connected to a blue tooth speaker.
We ask it thing like the weather but I found the novelty of asking "her" stuff wore off pretty quickly lol.
I keep mine unplugged until I want to use it because like the pp it would just randomly answer us even though we didn't ask anything :rolleyes1
You can use it to control smart outlets and lights, but we haven't done that....yet.
There are other echo (alexa) devices so if there is something you were specifically looking to do there may be a better option for you.
I don't recommend using the dot as a speaker, the sound quality isn't great.
I was looking at the echo show so I can watch cooking videos while cooking but realized I can do that on a Fire tablet so I ordered one of those.

I use it to listen to radio stations. I can get stuff on TuneIn as well as Radio.com. One of the stations I listen to just went off TuneIn so have to specify opening Radio.com, then it prompts for which station.

My kid has it play Simon Says.

Mine was a gift, but I think it was $25 last Christmas.

The other thing one can do is connect it to a USB power pack and it's mobile to some degree, although you have to be careful with disturbing the connection to power.

We have ours in the bedroom and will listen to baseball games through the MLB app at night (and set the timer so she shuts off). We also use it for the alarm in the morning, and we have WEMO outlets to plug in the bedroom lights, so I can ask her to shut my light off at night without having to get out of bed and walk across the room to the wall switch.

I love mine! I use it for news, weather, as an alarm clock, for reminders and timers. It's not too great for playing music though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter