What do you like to eat/drink while watching TV/Movies?

Since my doctor decided to test my blood sugar after I turned 40 and hence made my life no fun anymore....the answer is: nothing.

Well, I take that back. I always have a mug of Chai Green Tea nearby, usually lukewarm or cold by the time I get around to drinking it. Nothing added. Occasionally a vegetable or something else with no sugar in it like nuts or cheese.

Fun times....

I *used* to snack on chips, popcorn, maybe a sweet here and there. If it was salty, I would have a coke zero with it. Not all the time, but more often if DH was having it with me. I could take or leave having food in a theater. It wasn't a big deal either way. If I drank a beer or had a glass of wine when sitting down to watch a movie at home, I would be sleeping before the opening credits were done. Without alcohol, I will usually make it at least 15 min longer lol

At the theater--buttered popcorn and a coke. Walking in the theater makes me crave those two things. Its like the whole point of going to the movies!

At home--usually nothing. But if the grands are at the house or if dd comes over for a marathon of whatever, we may have pizza (served on the coffee table, everyone on the floor around it) and drinks or popcorn and cokes/drinks or ice cream sundaes. With the grands we always watch a Disney movie and we always have something special with it. DD, its one of those (because its what we did when she was a kid) or we may make a run to Starbucks or Chick Fila before we start the movie or show.

If I go to a movie, which is almost never, I like to bring M&Ms or Snocaps. At home, unfortunately I snack in front of the tv a lot. Anything from fruit to Cheerios to pretzels.

Knitting has basically cured me of snacking in front of the television. I'll grab a glass of water and the next thing I know I've watched 3 episodes of something and I haven't even taken a sip of water.

depends on the mood, such as cookie, water, spicy food... I like the spicy food too much, it can help me adjust my mood

It depends on the TV show, honestly.

Pizza, if it's The Walking Dead or any of my favorite "classics" on DVR.

Chicken wings & salad, if it's Survivor.

For other top favorite shows of mine, I will usually make a specialty meal that coincides with whatever mood that particular show puts me in.

It used to be soda, but since I have given that up I drink sparkling water. I like to have potato chips while watching tv.

Peanut M&Ms and a Diet Coke! At home, not really anything.

DH and I will share popcorn at a theater. At home, sometimes have popcorn during a movie. DH drinks coke, I drink water

Typically I dont eat or drink while watching TV but on rare occasion if I have it in the house.... triscuits with ranch dip. MMMMMmmmmm. I only allow myself to buy it when the Triscuits go on sale for $1.88, which is rare. Not that I cant pay the normal $3, but they are so bad (plus the ranch dip) that I consider it a special treat and the sale price is the green light! If its not on sale for $1.88, I dont allow myself to get it! (They sometimes have a $2.50 sale..I wont buy it then either!). You should see my face when I turn that grocery aisle corner and I see all the yellow tags below the Triscuits with a big bold $1.88 !! Im sure the other customers think Im nuts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter