What do you put in your Lasagna?

Beanie

~*Snoopy Fan Forever*~
There seems to be an on going debate at our house right now about the ingredients of Lasagna...I made a pan of it today and it sparked another debate!:rolleyes:

I use Ricotta Cheese in mine, but my DH seems to think I should use Cottage Cheese instead...is this true?? Does it make it better?? I have never used anything but Ricotta cheese in mine...that was the way my Mom taught me...so, what do you use in yours for the cheese part??

Thanks!! :)

I only use Ricotta. I think it has a better flavor and looks better too. Do you cook your noodles first I don't and it doesn't come out as greasy. I love to use the Italian cheese mix with garlic, it's great.
My DD and I are going to make it, next week. We have her cook once a week, it is alot of fun.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Yes, I partially cook the noodles...not all the way, but a little bit...I don't seem to have a problem with grease though, so I guess that is good!!

Do you use parmesan cheese on the top of it or mozzerella?? I have been using both lately!!

Only ricotta goes into my lasagna. Mixed with alittle seasoned breadcrumb, salt, pepper, parsley and a drop or two of pure vanilla extract. I know it sounds strange, but that's the way our family has been doing it since 'the old country'. The vanilla takes the bite out of the cheese.

I make my own noodles, so they are fully cooked when I put the lasagna together.

Ricotta, mozzerella, ground beef or sometimes sausage too.

My Dh makes an excellent lasagna. He likes to use the whole sheets of noodles instead of the traditional lasagna noodles, but they can be hard to find.

I use the recipe for the no-boil kind on the back of the RONCO lasagna noodle box. It uses Ricotta cheese. It's not difficult to make at all and people always say how good it is.

I use ricotta cheese, too. I like the texture better, especially when it's cooked.

Sometimes I cook my noodles; other times I just stir a cup of water in with the noodles. They turn out better when I cook them first, but it's hard to not tear them.

I put lots of veggies in my lasagna. I don't usually use any meat, and DH never misses it. He's too busy picking out the zucchini! ;)

:rolleyes:

Well, I am going to have to go with the cottage cheese. Of course, I do mix it with shredded mozzarella,

grated Romano, eggs, pepper, parsley, and a dash of nutmeg. (I have tried ricotta, but I prefer the

cottage cheese.)

Either way, there is no right or wrong way if you like the result.

I use 1 1/2 recipes of the sauce, though. It uses uncooked noodles as well as ricotta, parmesan and I think Provolone cheeses, and is soooooooo good!

Thanks everyone!! I like the way mine turns out with the Ricotta...I might try Cottage Cheese, but only if DH is away on business! ;) lol...thanks for all the input...everyones lasagna sounds really good...:)

the ricotta and mix it really good with one egg.....it seems easier to blend and put on the noodles

I must be the Maverick!! I use extra firm Tofu!! fried with [cubed tofu] the garlic and onions then separate garlic and onions and put in to meat sauce[Hamburger].

Layers are small amount of sauce[to keep stuff from sticking] then uncooked noodles, meat sauce, matozrella cheese,noodles,meat sauce, mashed tofu cubes,cheese,then noodles,meat sauce,matozrella cheese, fill with as much water, of 2 cups of water,as will fit. Then put in oven on cookie tray,at 350 for 2 to 3 hrs or till done.

Sauce: some cooked beef, crushed tomatoes, a little sugar, salt, pepper, garlic, onion, bell pepper, italian seasoning. The sauce gets better the longer you cook it.

Cook noodles. While they are boiling, mix up some ricotta cheese, some cottage cheese, some mozzarella, a beaten egg and some sour cream. I like to add a little italian seasoning. Let sit out while boiling noodles, so that it gets a little warm (makes it easier to spread).

Put a little sauce in the bottom of your lasagna pan; a layer of noodles, spread some cheese, some sauce, a layer of noodles, etc. until done. I usually sprinkle some grated mozzarella on the top layer of sauce.

Bake and enjoy.

I have been making my lasagna like this for 20 years and it is my most requested dish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!