• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you take to the park?

arminnie

<font color=blue>Tossed the butter kept the gin<br
My back hurts just reading about what people with kids take to the park. What do you as a solo take to the parks?

I take a very small purse (maybe 6x5). I have my AP, room key, credit and ATM cards, money and a few personal items like a lipstick. toothbrush, and a foldup brush. I also take my combo cell/PDA, sunglasses and a visor.

That's pretty much it. If it's cool I may take a sweatshirt tied around my waist. If it's summer (which I try to avoid) I might take a small stick of sunscreen. I usually just put it on in the room before I leave.

Wish I could pack my luggage that lightly!

I take my room key, my AP, a few traveler's checks, and my license (in case AP doesn't work in the turnstiles.) I wear cargo shorts, so I carry these items in one of my pockets. I travel light!! ;)

We usally just bring our camera bag which it about medium size.
That way i can carry a purse pack of tissues, & chapstick(sp?).
I also just put sunscreen on befor I leave the room. My husband carrys the passes and travelers checks in his wallet.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Just a waist pack, with my ATM, AMEX, AAA card, Driver's license, room card and cash.

In the waist pack I have lipstick, lipliner, a foot care kit in a baggie, a small tube of sunscreen, lip balm and my tiny address book (for post cards).

I carry a small bag with my AP, drivers licence, credit and ATM card, $20 in cash, my camera and a few pins for trading. If I feel like being a bit more adventurous, I'll bring my video camera and tripod, but I can't stand to carry that through the parks all day, so I'll only bring that 1-2 days out of my trip.

A fanny pack that holds my glasses/sunglasses (prescription), my phone, room key, PHP, traveler's checks and/or cash. and my camera in a very small case that goes over my shoulder.

No extra paraphenalia for me.

I've always teken stuff in my belly bag. It holds a surprising amount of stuff for a small bag. I've even stuffed a rain poncho in there with room for my money and cards and camera and whatnot.
It's magic, I tell you. Wonder if I could pull a rabbit from it...?

Gotta pass along a tip I learned on my last trip. I rented a locker, then put all my stuff in it and walked around for a while completely empty handed. What a wierd, freeing experience! And quite a few people stopped me and asked directions-obviously they figured that anyone without any "tourist paraphenelia" was obviously a CM. Try it for a little while-it's fun!

I carry my cell phone/wallet combo, and my camera on my belt, and I make sure I have pockets for lipstick, and extra film for the camera.;)

My first trip I packed a med-sized camera case and lugged that around with everything everyone said you need in the parks. But since returning I travel ultra-light - my room key/ticket, sunscreen wipes in individual paks, cash, sunglasses on a croakie around my neck, baseball hat. I enjoy the parks so much more now. Especially the rides. I don't bring my camera with me anymore cause I figure I've gotten the shots once, and twice now. I would say my big tip is to downsize everything you want/need to bring with you. Get that smaler digital camera, get travel sizes of sunscreen, etc.

I think being able to charge on your room key frees you up from having to bring alot of cash.

I have been downsizing the stuff I carry on solos for a few years now. Even with a short pack still have two loadouts. On EMH park days its just AP an ID and a CC for 1-3 hours then back to the resort. After that it is Cargo shorts and a Hawaiian shirt. (Need shirt pocket)
I carry a one time use poncho ID AP and a CC some bucks a micro fiber washcloth along with a paperback in my shorts with my Casio Digital in my shirt pocket. I have a waterproof card case crammed with single use OC meds and that ladies and gentleman is it. No waiting for security checkpoints no leaving my big $ Digital at Margaritaville (twice now) and I get a little jingle when I walk.
If you have not used whatever in the last two trips you don't need it.
DMTNT
RussH

I have a fanny pack that I put my wallet, keys, travelrs checks and a couple of roles of film in. I then throw my camara over my shoulder and away I go.

I bring my small backpack and put my camera (used to use disposables, but now got a new small digital one), A/P, resort key, a little money and a book (paperback) in it. Oh, and that day's page out of my PassPorter, since it has my PS numbers for that day. If it looks like a little rain, I'll take my Mickey Poncho. When I went last year, it was chilly in the morning, then would warm up, then get a little cool (pretty chilly on a couple of nights) in the evening, so I dressed in layers and would throw my sweatshirt (and gloves on some mornings) in my backpack as it got warmer. I don't tote alot of cash and put most things on my room key. The book somes in handy while dining or waiting for a show or parade to start. On attractions, I'd put my backpack either between my feet or if it was an attraction like BTMRR or Test Track, I'd put the straps around my feet to keep it secure. If you do attractions like Kali at AK, wear your bathing suit under your clothes and bring your undergarments with you in a ziplock bag. Before you get on the ride, throw your shirt into the ziplock bag. You will get wet on this ride and they do not have air hand dryers to help dry you off. This way you can throw your wet bathing suit into the ziplock (keeping it away from your dry stuff) and have a dry shirt and underwear to change into. I forgot this on my last trip, did Kali as soon as it opened, rode it 3 times in a row, got pretty soaked and had to sit in the sun for like 15 minutes to try and get dry. I was drenched down to the skin and it was not the warmest of mornings to have to walk around the park with my undies soaked. Even during slow times, I do EE, then leave in the afternoon for a break back at the resort, then head for another resort later that day, so I don't usually rent a locker. Am going to bring a waist pack with me on my upcoming trip (as well as my backpack) and the days I don't tote my camcorder around, use the waistpack, instead of the backpack. :earsgirl: :jester: ::MickeyMo :wave:

i took with my during our first trip my room key, digital camera and cam corder. rob was in charge of taking pictures and i recorded EVERYTHING. it was my first trip down there.

during the second trip, i took my room key, camera and autograph book. i then had one of those water bottle straps to carry my water. before i knew it, i was lugging tigger on my back to hold little things for me.

Well if i get up before my DH I grab my belly bag and his credit card and run as fast as i can to the parks to shop:moped: . A little info though also take his parkhopper so he can't catch you :eek:. But for real most times belly bag or backpack purse and DH will sometimes carry video camera case,ohh and add Pal Mickey::MickeyMo for this years trip.

Money,room key,sunglasses,cell phone,Shout wipes, bandaids,Rolaids,Advil. I have a small travel purse(probably about 9"x7") with a long strap that I can't put across my chest over my shoulder so my hands are free and it doesn't keep slipping down. If it doesn't fit in that, I don't need it!!!!

I too am amazed at the stuff people carry!!!! I know the people with kids need to be better prepared, but I see a lot of adults without kids loaded down with backpacks etc!!!!!

I like to travel light.

I, too carry a similar bag to the one discribed by Disney Doll. It's big enough to hold my small digital camera, reading and sunglasses, room key/park pass, some money, lip balm, a small hairbrush, and park maps. I've had it for years and use it for all my vacations. The long strap, crossed over from shoulder to opposite hip takes the strain off my shoulder, so I'm comfortable carrying it around all day. I think it's more attractive than a belly bag and holds a lot more.

I carry pretty much the same things as lowe@massed.net in a small shoulder bag. Of course, being female, there are times when I do need to carry a few other items...

On my two trips to WDW, I haven't rented a locker, although we used to at Disneyland all the time. The weather there can be inconsistent; quite cold in the morning, quite warm in the afternoon, and change again for evening! I expect I will rent a locker on my solo trip to WDW in December when I do MVMCP and CP. I tend to lose jackets, so I've learned not to carry them! They're either on my body or stashed in a locker!

Taja :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter