What do you think is the nicest (fanciest) restaurant besides V&A?

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
If you needed a "fancy" restaurant experience but could not get V&A, what would be your second choice? Restaurants at Disney Springs, Swan and Dolphin, and anything in very close proximity to Disney can be included, as we are not on dining plan. Also, this is two adults (family, not romantic.)
Thank you!

Maybe Shula’s at the Dolphin. I also hear Norman’s at the Ritz Carlton is very good. But I haven’t tried it yet.

Last edited:
Shula's - This restaurant is a must-do for us every time we visit. Top notch service, great food, nice atmosphere, and decent sized menu.

Jiko is really good food one of my favorite signatures. If you really want V&A try signing up for a reservation finder for it, people do cancel. You can also call the restaurant to get on a waitlist, although I think it’s only for the chef table not sure if it’s also the normal tables.

Capa at the Four Seasons or Bull & Bear at the Waldorf-Astoria would be my picks.

Capa serves modern tapas, seafood/raw bar/caviar, plus top-end meat: prime artisanal US beef, real Japanese Wagyu, Iberico pork from Spain. Modern/elegant ambiance.

Bull & Bear is more of a classic steakhouse and has a more limited menu, but has some innovative twists on classic dishes. Common steakhouse dishes like lobster bisque and caesar salad are "next level" here. Also has high-quality meat (Allen Brothers dry-aged prime, for example), if not quite as luxe as Capa's product (eg, American Wagyu vs. Japanese).

Shula's and bluezoo are good choices, too, but are *fine* dining as opposed to "fine dining," if you know what I mean.

Jiko or Blue Zoo.
I really like California Grill, but it is not as much "fine dining" as it used to be. Still very good.

Bull and Bear at the Waldorf Astoria would be my vote as well. Beautiful restaurant on a gorgeous property. The staff is both well trained and very attentive. If you have never been - definitely a date night must!

Jiko is really good food one of my favorite signatures. If you really want V&A try signing up for a reservation finder for it, people do cancel. You can also call the restaurant to get on a waitlist, although I think it’s only for the chef table not sure if it’s also the normal tables.
The waitlist at V+A is for all three services: Chef's table, QVR, and the main room. We called to signup for the wait list twice and were able to accept once. Our booked reservation was a pick up from this forum's cancellation thread, I believe. So far we have only eaten in the QVR.

The waitlist at V+A is for all three services: Chef's table, QVR, and the main room. We called to signup for the wait list twice and were able to accept once. Our booked reservation was a pick up from this forum's cancellation thread, I believe. So far we have only eaten in the QVR.
Good to know thanks! I had tried putting my name on a waitlist and never heard back, but was able to find a time through a reservation finder. You should try the main dining room next time, I think I actually preferred it over the QVR. It's so pretty and they have a woman playing a harp there.

Good to know thanks! I had tried putting my name on a waitlist and never heard back, but was able to find a time through a reservation finder. You should try the main dining room next time, I think I actually preferred it over the QVR. It's so pretty and they have a woman playing a harp there.
I think they call based on your position on the waiting list. Our T-Day dinner was a call back that came in 2 or 3 days before the reservation. It was unfortunate we were already on property and some of us had neglected to pack the right clothing but easy enough to wander the shops at DS and get what was needed.

The next time they telephoned it was definitely one day beforehand and although not required (the message gives you an hour to accept the offer) I called back to decline in hopes they could move on to the next name on the list faster.

My plan (always subject to change;)) is to eat there again for DGD's high school graduation so maybe it will be the main room. You can hear the harpist from the QVR but I'm sure the sound is clearer in the main room:).

For two family members (not romantic) I would say California Grill. Great food and great view.

Yachtsman Steakhouse and shulas are beautiful restaurants . Also both the yacht club and the dolphin are beautiful Resorts to boot.

Our go-to place for a really nice meal is Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek. Technically not on WDW property, but very close.

The food and service there are excellent. Prices are high, but not out of line for a high-end place.

Norman’s is absolutely killer. Very classy, great staff, but in no way stuffy, and the fusion concept is inspired. We went there on my second trip to the Orlando area, brought some locals who only ever had fancy dinner in the parks, and they were blown away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter