What do you think of Barbie? Would you let your children play with Barbies?

What do you think of her?
aeb2340afea05a8520c6b3555eb11f74.jpg

Barbie-Doll-THE-CITY-LOOK-Park-Pretty-_57.jpg

What do you think of her?
aeb2340afea05a8520c6b3555eb11f74.jpg

Barbie-Doll-THE-CITY-LOOK-Park-Pretty-_57.jpg

I would say that she looks like a majority of the female 22-23 year olds that we hire at my firm. Of course some of them have different color hair and skin, but the dress, coffee, phone, etc. are pretty close to what I would call the "in" look. Most women that age try to rock the long hair too. I don't think they are like that because of Barbie, but rather the Barbie pictured above is trying to be like them..lol!

I was born in 1970. I played with Barbie a bit and had the three story house with the elevator and a camper. I never really thought that I should try to look or be Barbie. I saw it more of what it was, a toy. And some of the accessories were super cool and fun. While I have never been overly-girly, I must admit that today, I do like to look nice and put together. This in no way diminishes my professional achievements. None of this has to do with Barbie.

I love Barbie! I don't see anything wrong with playing with her. There are so many different kinds. I played with Barbies more than my girls did. I think the kids have too many other things to play with these days, namely electronics! That photo of the Barbie with the Starbucks cup is hilarious, definitely keeping up with the times!

Not sure why it won't show your quote, except that you put your answer inside my quote? But wanted to state that you are mistaken - I've been looking for "Math is hard" and all I've found are disclaimers saying that the doll said "Math Class is tough" Could you please show us the source where it states the doll really said "Math is hard"?

I had a massive Barbie collection since my mother and two older sisters had barbies. I loved the dolls and still do. If/when I have a daughter I hope she likes them too. The argument of them not being appropriate “role models” is to me as ridiculous as saying the Disney Princesses aren’t fit to be role models. Or the argument of “they wouldn’t be proportionate as real people”, like it’s a doll, it’s fiction, only meant to amuse children and have fun.

Not sure why it won't show your quote, except that you put your answer inside my quote? But wanted to state that you are mistaken - I've been looking for "Math is hard" and all I've found are disclaimers saying that the doll said "Math Class is tough" Could you please show us the source where it states the doll really said "Math is hard"?
Oh my goodness - it’s the same general statement. My point is that there was a Barbie that stated something like that and I will not allow that toy in my home.

Oh my goodness - it’s the same general statement. My point is that there was a Barbie that stated something like that and I will not allow that toy in my home.
Each of us needs to do what is best for us. Just to be clear, this is a very old resolved issue.
Mattel admitted the "math class is tough" stuff was a mistake and pulled that doll in about 1992.
Doing the math, that was 27 years ago.

My DD11 has a lot of barbies and still wants more. I love that she likes to stay little and play with dolls with her cousins. I have no problems with barbies. I played them when I was little and never had any issues. I don't see any issues with DD either. She has a lot of fun pretending with Barbies, and also has all of the princess style dolls and Ever After. The Monster High ones were the ones I have never been really crazy about. As for Barbie clothes and shoes, she has a lot of nice ones. There are some shoes that I have laughed about that are much different then when I was younger but even the clothes have never influenced her asking for anything like them. You just watch what you buy and if something doesn't look appropriate, I don't buy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!