What do you think of these pictures? Bedroom decorating advice.

Beauty

DIS Veteran
Okay as most of you know I'm from Mississippi. So I'm going through all of these ideas about decorating our bedroom in the new house. I saw these pictures yesterday and they are gorgeous....Old South Plantation/Riverboat Pictures. They are framed in a country blue with a maroon boarder....What do you all think?

wholesaleartonline_1689_1247915
wholesaleartonline_1673_421680
wholesaleartonline_1672_659639

Those three are all from Louisiana but I'm also looking for old plantation prints from Mississippi, Cedar Grove or some of the Natchez plantation......

so what do you think?

I like them Beauty.....I realize that I don't know you, but just from reading all of your house posts I'm so excited & happy for you! Decorating a new house is such fun! My favorite thing to do is to put up my Christmas decorations the first holiday in a new house.
Good Luck!

I like the second and third ones. I think together they make a great pair!

You could also see if you could get any concept pictures for the Mark Twain (Disneyland steamboat), Liberty Bell (Disneyworld steamboat), or the Blue Bayou restaurant in Disneyland. Those would fit really well, too! I know once upon a time you could get prints, but I don't know if you still can. That'd be something to check at the Disney Gallary.

I really need to read before I look at the pictures! For a minute I thought you were showing us pictures of your new Homes and Boat! ;)

I think they would be a great theme in your bedroom. I have always been enchanted with plantations and the "old south" southern belle lifestyle. Perhaps you might be able to tour some old plantation houses and get an idea of the kind of wood and furniture you might also use. I have also always wanted a huge four poster bed with a canopy and curtains.

My favorite thing to do is to put up my Christmas decorations the first holiday in a new house.

My mother is definatly excited about Christmas...she collects Santa Claus and keeps them out all year long. I'll have to remember to take some pictures of her Christmas decorations!

Tammi,
Thats a SUPER idea!! I will definatly look into that at Disney next month.

Thanks Janice the first one is my favorite too....Oak Alley is gorgeous!! Its also the most haunted house in America according to the Travel Channel! John said if we stayed there and he saw anything you would see his skinny body print through all those Oak Trees when he ran away...LOL

Kesie you crack me up!!

Disney,

They fascinate me too and I live near a lot of them. Cedar Grove in Vicksburg just fascinates me!! Its gorgeous and right on the river...you can almost imagine the Civil War going on and the Union taking over that gorgeous home. You can tour most all of them now and the majority of them are also bed and breakfasts.

Are they big prints? A good tip for bedrooms is to always aim big on your hanging artwork.

That's a great idea... those pictures are gorgeous. I love old plantations.

You are going to have so much fun decorating your new home. Be sure to take lots of pictures so we can have fun with you. :)

LOL rat...maybe for the back porch or something...you have to remember I have 4 cats...

Dana they are very large prints....I actually saw them at a local office here...they are simply gorgeous and I think they would look really good on a maroon wall with blue and maroon wallpaper boarder with Magnolias.

Laura,
I should be able to get some pics pretty soon. We just found out that the seller has a contract for his new home so the contingency on our contract will be dropped tomorrow. So the house is definatly ours....now we just have to see if the closing will still be October 1st or if they are going to be out sooner. Of course we still have to clean and paint and wallpaper but we are hoping to be "in" meaning sleeping there by the first weekend in October.

Ebay has a whole selection of Currier and Ives mansion prints that are going for only $9.99 each. They are not as beautiful as the first print you posted, but if you wanted to have a collection in the same theme you might want to look at them!

Disney,

What is your fist name if you don't mind me asking. We have talked so much the past few days I feel funny calling you Disney...LOL....

BTW, I'm Beth....and I'm going to ebay right now!!

We go to a flea market in Memphis every month and they have these but I can't remember the prices. But I know they aren't $9.99 that is a WONDERFUL PRICE!

Just bid on one of the 9.99 ones....Its of the Ruins of Windsor in Natchez, here is the pic,

i-1.JPG

A little local history lesson...Windsor in its glory days was where the film Gone with the Wind with Vivian Lee and Clark Gable was filmed.

ooh, i really like that one you just bid on! really pretty colors and i think it would go great with maroon an dblue. :)

So talking paint, should I do the room in the maroon or the blue?? Would the maroon be too dark? What do yall think?

if it's a relatively smalle room, i'd do a lighter shade (maybe a lighter blue with maroon accents?), but if it's average or big, i think maroon would be ok. :)

Beauty, they are all beautiful. It sounds like you are having so much fun doing this. :)

As for which color, well, I'm partial to blue, but you paint it whatever color that you love. If in a few years you decide you can't stand it anymore, then just repaint. :)

Makes sense.....I just bid on 2 more but for $9.99 you can't beat that price! These are of Riverboats.

I really had wanted to do Disney in the room but my DH nixed that idea last night!

I kind of am leaning towards the maroon just because maroon is an old south color (does that make sense?) All of the old home here are done in the dark colors. I guess I'll have to do like they do on Trading Spaces and roll on both colors and then choose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter