What Do You Think Of This 12 Day Itinerary?

tbickford

Earning My Ears
Family of four - includes myself, dh, and twins almost 4 yrs old (ds,dd). We will be flying out of New Orleans on Nov. 22nd and staying til Dec. 3rd. Other family members (two parties of four) will be joining us late Sat. night. I have planned an itinerary for my party of four. SO ALL OF YOU EXPERIENCED FAMILIES TRAVELING WITH CHILDREN, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF MY ITINERARY.

Day 1 - arrive at Orlando Airport around 11 am and pick up rental car, check-in BWV; explore DD and have lunch at the Rainforest Cafe and get a Bloody Mary at Fulton's Crab House; ejoy the BWV resort.

Day 2 - enjoy BWV resort, pool and slide. Priority seating for 7:15 pm at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Dinner Show.

Day 3 - Early entry for MK; Priority seating for 8:15 am at Cinderella Royal Table; enjoy MG and see Share a Dream Come True Parade at 3 pm and then see Fantasy in the Sky at 8 pm.

Day 4 - Epcot; Priority seating for 9 am at Princess Story Book Breakfast; see 6:10 Tapestry of Dreams Parade; see 9 pm Illuminations.

Day 5 - Early entry for MGM; see the 2:30 pm Stars & Motor Car Parade; leave MGM around 4:45 pm to go Chef Mickey's for priority seating at 5:45 (birthday party of 12 for my twins); then go back to MGM for the Fantasmic show at 8 pm.

Day 6 - Animal Kingdom; Priority seating for 8:30 am for Donald's Breakfastosaurus; see the Mickey's Jammin Street Carnival at 4 pm; after AK closes - possibly return to MGM to see Fantasmic or Epcot to see Illuminations (which ever one we liked on Day 4 or 5)

Day 7 - Early entry for MK and it is THANKSGIVING DAY!; leave park around 5 pm to a priority seating at Whispering Canyon at 5:50 pm for a party of 12; return to MG for the Spectromagic at 8 pm.

Day 8 - transfer from BWV to OKW resort; drive to SEA WORLD and dine with Shamu; if return early enough head to DD and see the lights and tree decor.

Day 9 - enjoy OKW resort; head to Epcot for a priority seating for 5:30 pm at LeCellier Steakhouse; then see the Holiday Around the World.

Day 10 - Priority seating for 9:10 am at Olivia's Cafe and enjoy OKW resort; prepare for the 7 pm to midnight MMCP.

Day 11 - Priority seating for 8:30 am at 1900 Park Fare, then let the kids decide what they want to do on this last full day; later that night head to MGM and see the Osborne lights.

Day 12 - CHECK OUT day; eat breakfast in room; need to arrive at the Orlando airport for 4:30 pm to return car; plane leaves around 6:45 pm

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK...DID I LEAVE ANYTHING OUT...POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK WELCOME...THANKS!

I forgot to mention that we will be breaking for a nap when necessary. We have been prepping the children by taking them to Jazzland, the zoo, and even increased our walking time down our dead-end culdesac road. The kids even ride their bikes long periods during the day and we have even been swimming five out of the seven days a week. Prep..Prep...Prep. I think we're almost ready!

It sounds really organized and great. I'm sure it will be a blast. The only thing I would say is it is a lot of PS - it may not allow you to be flexible if you need to with four year olds. But it may work out just fine. We are staying at OKW in Dec. with 7 and 4 year old and I only did one PS and may do one more. I am hoping to have breakfast and dinner at OKW since we have the full kitchen. I would actually like to have such a structured itinerary, but DH would kill me!!! LOL Have a blast. Tonia

Sound like A LOT of fun. I think you will have to build rest or nap time in most everyday. Doing EE and night activities will wear most people out. Sounds like you have worked hard to get the twins set for all that walking. Even if you have not planned it, i would still be open to a stroller if necessary. You can rent in the park if you don't plan to bring your own. WDW is a different kind of tired than lots of other kinds of physical exersice. You can rent doubles in the park if needed.You PS's look great. The kids will love all the character meals. Have a blast!!!

Jordan's mom

I agree w/ above post. We brought our 5 yo DD, and about 1/2 way through the day, she pooped out. You really can't imagine the walking. They are half our size, and they really can't keep up w/ us grown ups. She never felt like a baby, as there were LOTS of others her size in strollers. Just my 2 cents...otherwise, your plan sounds inredible! Have fun, and don't forget to take it all in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter