What do you think the odds are? (Past CDN resident deals and future deals)

friedela

DIS Veteran
What do you think the odds are that since DW released a Canadian Resident deal in October 2017 and now this newest Canadian deal that came out just recently that they will be doing another one in September or October 2019?

My guess is no because of the opening of Galaxy's Edge, but what are your thoughts?

Too many unknowns:

- state of the economy at the time
- CAD/USD exchange rate at the time
- overall attendance (probably up, but maybe not as much as everyone assumes)
- impact of the new pricing system

The new pricing is designed to let Disney charge more at peak times without negatively impacting attendance in lower demand seasons. The Canadian Resident discount is similarly a tool that lets them fine-tune prices so that everyone is soaked for as much as possible without driving too many people away. I think it's an acknowledgement that Canadians may be nearer the limit of what they are willing to pay, while other markets might still be more easily absorbing increases. We *might* continue to see a combination of these two approaches, where Canadian Resident discounts are offered in during certain seasons, or possibly even as a means of continuing to encourage Canadian attendance during busier periods that might see a significant price increase. Or maybe not. Who knows, really? Prepare for the worst and hope for the best!

I agree with the poster above... it will depend on the dollar and economy and if they see less Canadians going because of political issues. I would say there is a good chance imo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter