What does 70 degrees feel like?

leebee

DIS Veteran
I know this is stupid, stupid, stupid, but every winter, when it's time to pack for our trip to WDW, I never can remember what 65-70 degrees feels like (which is what weather.com is currently predicting for our trip). I know this will change as the time gets closer, but should I pack shorts and tee shirts? Jeans and tee shirts? Long sleeve shirts for day time? I am planning on everyone wearing their zip front hooded sweatshirts and we will be bringing our winter jackets (don't laugh, one year we were soooooo glad to have them!), but what should I plan for day time? It's silly, but hard to remember. Right now there is a 4 foot snowbank out my front window, with easily over a foot of snow on the ground. Life in the frozen north...can't wait to get to FLORIDA...Today I wore my winter jacket and zipper sweatshirt over my long-sleeved shirt, with silk long johns under my jeans, with insulated boots. And it's only January!

It feels like heaven. On days with 70 degree weather, you might feel a little chilly at night.

I'm heading down next week. I plan on taking shorts and t-shirts. Just to be safe, I'll be packing a long-sleeve shirt or two and taking my fleece jacket.

Happy packing!

What a cute question, as read by a tropical islander here!

The 70's feel like long sleeve cotton shirts and jeans, and maybe a light fleece jacket at night. But on a sunny, active day, the 70s feel like short sleeve and jeans and storage space to avoid dragging the jacket along.

Somehow 70 in Florida feels so much nicer than 70 in New England ever feels:smooth:

Originally posted by DawnF316
Somehow 70 in Florida feels so much nicer than 70 in New England ever feels:smooth:

Oh, does it ever! :D After grad school in Connecticut, Spring Break in Florida felt soooooo wonderful....:D

We just returned and had 70 degrees temps for 4 out of 7 days of our trip. However, the temps are not 70 all day, only a few hours of the day. It was in the 40's every morning and night. We wore long sleeves, jeans and sweatshirts every day, during the warmest few hours of the day we got a little warm and shed the sweatshirts but were still comfortable in the long sleeves and jeans. We saw many people freezing in shorts and lots of sweatshirt purchases. One family we saw was so cute, about 10 of them all in the exact same Epcot sweatshirt every day. I think they got a little chilly and bought everyone a sweatshirt.

As born & bred Michiganders, we wear shorts & polo's from 68^.

We were at WDW from 12/30 thru 1/3, and didn't pack enough shorts! It was around 70-75 daily, except for 1/3, when the high was 62. We wore long pants that day. On the evening of 1/3, we went to EPCOT wearing sweatshirts & windbreakers, and were fine.
Our departure day, 1/4, dawned clear and cool, around 40 degrees. But that was fine with us, because we were wearing our fly-out clothes that allowed us to step into th snow in Detroit without breaking into tears

Everyone is different. My DH is in shorts over 60. If it's sunny and 70, jeans and a short sleeved shirt for me. Cloudy and breezy at 70, I add a jacket.

I'm leaving in two weeks, 4 days (but who's counting? ;))
I'm planning on wearing mostly jeans and khakis. Starting the day off in a polo ot t-shirt, a sweatshirt or sweater over that, and a lightweight jacket over that. If I get warm, off come the layers. At night I'll add a cap and gloves to the ensemble if needed.

If it gets over 80 while I'm there, I'll put on shorts or capris. I'd rather be too warm than too cold...

LOL Ajax! I think I did see you, weren't you the one with the top hat!

You could definitely tell where people were from by what they had on. The southerners had on long pants and sweatshirts, the northerners were showing their white legs in shorts! I would recommend that you come prepared for warm and cold. It definitely depends on your own comfort level. As for me, I would rather be shedding clothes than not have enough on to be comfortable.

LOL! That is so true about the Southerners being all bundled up while the Northerners run around half naked. Speaking of white legs, does anyone know of any good fake tanning products? :rolleyes:

I think 70 degrees all depends on whether it's sunny or not. 70 in the sun feels a lot warmer than 70 with clouds.

We came prepared, dbond. My wife packed her long johns in case the bottom dropped out, and we all packed sweaters.

BTW, we exited EPCOT around 10:30 when it was raining buckets. Did you see the people dancing to Latin music by the Futureworld stage? Many of the young men wore only their pants & top-hats. It was a strange sight for WDW.

Darn, I missed the topless dancers in FutureWorld, we were dancing with the DJ and the wet t-shirt contest winners in Japan!
We toughed it out until midnight, we were already soaked so why not. We would take a break for hot tea in the Yakitori House occasionally. It was a good time, despite the bad weather. We would definitely do it again. Epcot puts on a great party!

Lets see.....I'm from the Albany, N.Y. area, and I"m always at WDW somewhere within the first 2 weeks of Dec.

That said.....70 degrees is just perfect for me. I don't like shorts anyway, so for me, long jeans are perfect for all kinds of weather. If it is suppossed to just reach 70 during the day, I try to wear a cotton, long sleeve shirt. That way, I am neither too hot, nor too cold during the day. When the sun is setting
*usually* I am covered up enough to get me through the early evening.

This year was a little different, though. It was cold enough to have my shoulder joints aching. I left MGM a little early, went to my room at The Swan, put on 2 pairs of pants, 2 shirts, and my heavy hooded sweatshirt, and then went out to Epcot.
( and STILL I needed to tie the hood of my sweatshirt ! )

I thought it was just me that couldn't remember what 60 and 70 degrees felt like. We're leaving in six days and I was wondering what clothes I'll be taking with me. Mostly, I think I'll take long pants and jeans and long-sleeve shirts and also a jacket with a hood....no shorts or short-sleeve shirts. I figure if it gets warm during the day, I can just roll up my sleeves.

dbond you got it right....we were at WDW at the same time and it was only warm for a few hours...we did see a bunch of people in shorts, I was cold with sweatshirt and jacket.

Get a locker, and put in warm clothes, you can't go wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!