What does DCL do for guests who are celebrating wedding anniversaries?

goofeypete

Earning My Ears
I have never cruised before.
We are going on the Magic in September to celebrate our 50th anniversary. Our actual anniversary is just after the cruise ends.
I read somewhere that there used to be "singing" (and a little cake) to acknowledge it during a dining? Not sure we want that.
I'm thinking of removing the notation about our anniversary on the check in info. Will I miss anything else if I do that?

We are going on the Magic in September to celebrate our 50th anniversary. Our actual anniversary is just after the cruise ends.
I read somewhere that there used to be "singing" (and a little cake) to acknowledge it during a dining? Not sure we want that.
I'm thinking of removing the notation about our anniversary on the check in info. Will I miss anything else if I do that?

You can go to GS after boarding for a couple of Celebrating buttons.
You could order a Romance for 2 package from Gifts and Amenities which includes 2 very nice fluffy robes, a bottle of Proseco or sparkling cider, a long stem red rose and a delightful box of chocolates. You could also speak quietly to the serving team to let them know you would love the special attention, but are not much into singing for your anniversary. I have heard of the cabin hosts leaving lovely red rose petals and a swan towel animal on your bed as well.

I would really keep the note on the reservation, but share that the singing and clapping at dinner is not to your preference.
Congratulations on your Anniversary by the way!

Congratulations, what a great milestone.
I say leave the notation and enjoy the small bit of pixie dust, you will hear singing in celebration almost every night for birthdays and anniversaries.
If you dine at Palo they will bring a plate with writing in chocolate that says "Happy Anniversary", its really sweet and makes a great couple picture!

Congratulations on 50 years together. What a wonderful way to celebrate. Agree to all the above. Just take time to enjoy each other and the cruise. There are so many things to do and see on the ship, as well as your ports of call. Hey, sign up for the Love and Marriage Game on board (I think that is what they call it) and see how much you remember about events. And yes ask the head server no singing, but don't bypass the dessert.

We had it noted and the buttons were waiting in our room when we got there, along with a nice card. Sure the singing is dorky, but after you’ve heard them sing to everyone else (even “Happy Bingo to You!” Lol) a number of times - you’ll realize no one pays all that much attention other than those at your table!

Great photo! I will be in my nineties when we reach our 50th. Oh my. By the way, what are the sherbets/ice creams in front of your spouse?

I am looking forward to hearing about the upcoming member's cruise. Are you writing a report?

Kate
Tom asked for some sorbets and berries. They gave him 5 and the assortment of berries.
I will be commenting on the cruise, especially if there are questions! I have organized a Local Candy/Snack Exchange. We will have a precruise meet at TOTW, and everyone is invited to breakfast together in the main dining room on the sea day. So, I do hope to meet some Disboarders in person!

Last year we celebrated our anniversary on an Alaska cruise. One evening we returned from dinner and our stateroom host had used small battery-operated snowflake lights to create a path from the door to the bed, which had swans surrounded by rose petals on it. It was completely unexpected and truly magical.

Last edited:
What a beautiful photo of your celebration. A big congratulations on your big day. Did you keep the plate or lick off the icing?
Actually this photo is what we have.
I have mentioned on another thread that we concluded the celebration with a night at the GFV where we were upgraded to a two bedroom for the two of us. We were able to invite friends who were staying a Caribbean Beach to join us for this cake they surprised us with at GFV.

A4296428-7E21-4A3C-8067-233ED05F90C1.jpeg

Tom and I had the best anniversary celebration we could ask for. My sister asked friends to take a “Flat Bobbi and Tom” with them and take pictures with the cut out and tell how our friends would celebrate with us. My sister then compiled what our friends said in a memory Book.

0773AE85-D768-4593-9DBB-25E8B215AD4F.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter