What does disney offer for newlyweds?

Dewdrop86

Earning My Ears
My fiance and I are going to spend our Honey bunny moon in Walt Disney World. I was wondering if there are any specials or any fun things that Disney offers for newlyweds.

sometimes bride and grooms get lots of pixie dust, sometimes they get nothing, go expecting nothing and then it'll be a nice surprise if you do get something

it doesn't hurt of course to get the "Just Married" buttons and where them around, especially to the restaurants.

We wore our "just engaged" buttons for the whole week we were there and got lots of congratulations, free desserts, signed cards and 2 flutes of champagne!

"Special" treatment is very hit or miss. Some people get a lot of pixie dust and freebies, others get nothing. We were lucky we got a few special touches but I wouldn't advise you go with that expectation.

Not a freebie by any means, but my DH and I just got back from our Disneymoon and we splurged a bit and got a couples massage at the Saratoga Springs Spa and I would absolutely recommend it if you can do it.

One of you has a table massage while the other has a tub massage, then you'll have a delicious tea service, and then you'll switch it up! And then you can feel like limp noodles walking around the parks for the rest of the day.

:woohoo:

For honeymoons and other celebrations,

1) Acknowledgment is a matter of the CM's personal initiative.
2) It also depends upon how much they like you as a guest.
3) CM's can do a lot, or they can do nothing at all.
. . . they are under no obligation to give goodies or even acknowledge, or
. . . they can go way overboard and give lots of gifts to a guest
4) The CM's have a lot of leeway of things to do or not do for you.
5) Have your honeymoon noted on the ressie and ADR's.
6) Some of the things a CM can do for free are
. . . decorate table with Mickey confetti
. . . best table location
. . . special personalized menu
. . . character-autographed birthday cards
. . . balloons
. . . wine or champagne or Shirley Temples
. . . appetizers or desserts
. . . cakes
. . . cupcake with candle (almost always available for the asking)
. . . placemats autographed by characters
. . . free appy pr free dessert
. . . fruit basket or wine basket in hotel room (my fav to do)

Just go knowing that no matter what, it will be magical!! :cloud9:

We went to Walt Disney World for our honeymoon in 2005. We stayed at Pop Century - still one of my favorite resorts!

Here are a few of the 'perks' we got to enjoy!

[Keep in mind, this was back in 2005! I have no idea if they still do any of this any more!]

-We were given a 'Just Married' balloon when we checked in at POP, that had a little Mickey balloon weight attached to it.
-Free preferred 60s section upgrade at POP
-Mousekeeping (I guess it was Mousekeeping) left us a bouquet of Disney Princess Suckers, a bouquet of Mickey ear suckers, a card, and a Disney World wedding picture frame with a singed picture of Mickey and Minnie, along with our towel zoo, on the table in the room.
-I can't even count the number of 'active' FASTPASSES that CMs just handed to us during the week - I guess they were giving us FASTPASSES that people had already turned in.
-Front of the Line passes for Test Track and Mission: Space, and a CM gave us a little card that had Test Track trivia and info on it. He said it was given out on the opening day of TT.
-Free ice cream from the carts(we actually had to start refusing the free ice cream at one point, because we were on the dining plan and needed to use our snack credits!)
-We also were given dessert samplers at several places. At first they offered to give us each a free dessert, but when we told them we were on the dining plan, the brought us out a dessert sampler instead of us just picking one dessert each for the DDP.
-Priority seating tickets for Fantasmic! (Thanks to the manager at Mama Melrose's!-It was a really good area!), and also great seats at Tarzan Rocks, Indiana Jones (we also got to be 'extras' in the show!). CMs would just pull us down to the front and center seats!
-We also got the center window seat at Cinderella's Royal Table (wonderful view of Fantasyland!), and the table was sprinkled with Mickey confetti! Also at Cinderella's Royal Table, our waiter gave us a set of those Cinderella's Royal Table champagne glasses
-Window seats at dinner at Chef Mickey's - with a magical view of the castle! We were also given 'It's My Special Day' placemats. And the waitress sang 'Happy Wedding' to us. It was hysterical! And Minnie acted sad that she didn't have a ring on her finger! But when we showed her the Mickey and Minnie bride and groom pen that we had just bought at a gift shop in the Contemporary, she started acting really excited. It was so funny!!
-We were given several 'Congratulations!' cards at different places we ate at during the week - Boma, Cinderella's, Chef Mickey's
-We got to ride up front on the monorail several times
-When we picked up our free Magical Wishes button at Downtown Disney (that another CM at Goofy's Candy Co. told us about), the CM there also let us listen to a special congratulations message from Mickey and Minnie!
-Lucky the Dinosaur stopped to talk to us! It was so cool! We're not sure if it was our ears, or just random. We got this on video - I still can not believe it! DH loves dinosaurs, and we had one stop and visit with us on our Disneymoon! I will try to post the video - I know DH loaded it to YouTube!
-At several of the indoor theater attractions, the CM would come up to us and ask our names, then they would announce our marriage over the loud speakers! I know this happened at It's Tough to be a Bug, Muppets, Philharmagic, and a couple of others.
-We were given our own boat on Maelstrom, El Rio del Tiempo, Small World, and Pirates of the Caribbean-this was so romantic!
-Many of the characters in the parades would wave at us and give us the thumbs up or point to their ring fingers. The Fairy Godmother did this right when she was talking about true love. Plus many other characters would make a big deal out of our ears! It was so cute!
-TONS of guests and CMs told us 'Congratulations', and many guests would offer us their seats on the bus, or on the boats or whatnot.

Overall it was a totally magical experience. We wouldn't change a thing! We really felt like VIPs the whole week. We wore our Bride and Groom ears the whole time. That was just something I had always wanted to do since I was in middle school and found out about the ears. Neither one of us expected to get all that extra attention! (Honestly, I had no idea they even did anything for 'Disneymooners' like that!) Of course, now DH wants to know if we can 'reuse' our ears.

You can learn about everything from a stay at Cinderella's Castle in Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla. to an adventure vacation in South America.

:cool1: There's info on Disney cruises and the company's resort in Hawaii. Truly, just about every couple can find a honeymoon that might fit their wishes. :thumbsup2:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter