What does everybody do with their phones and stuff when they’re riding rides?

Kellydelly

DIS Veteran
It’s been 9 yrs since we’ve been down here at Universal. Do you have to put phones in lockers to ride everything? 9 yrs ago we barely had to worry about that. This visit all 5 of us have a cell phone that we’re carrying around.

Are those the only rides that we would have to worry about?

You may already know this but on Hulk and RRR it's mandatory that you have nothing in your pockets, even if the pockets are zippered. You'll go through metal detectors before entering the line.

I used a runner’s belt on the rides other than Hulk and RRR. It worked out great since I don’t have any clothes with zippered pockets.

If you do not have a zipper pocket, the only ride I'd recommend using the lockers (which are free) other than what is mandatory is FJ. While you do not go completely upside down, the motions of the simulator are dramatic and you feel a few almost completely upside down moments. Other than that and what is required, I just keep what I have in my regular pockets and been fine.

If you do not have a zipper pocket, the only ride I'd recommend using the lockers (which are free) other than what is mandatory is FJ. While you do not go completely upside down, the motions of the simulator are dramatic and you feel a few almost completely upside down moments. Other than that and what is required, I just keep what I have in my regular pockets and been fine. If you have tight pockets you should be fine on FJ too, but if they're loose you'd definitely have the possibility of losing things that are in your pockets.

It’s been 9 yrs since we’ve been down here at Universal. Do you have to put phones in lockers to ride everything? 9 yrs ago we barely had to worry about that. This visit all 5 of us have a cell phone that we’re carrying around.

Our first trip was 9 years ago this month, and the only difference is the metal detectors at hulk and RRR. But even back then you weren’t supposed to take anything on those rides. They had lockers.

After day one we realized we should/could bring a small bag with us the rest of the days we visit the parks. The free lockers actually aren’t too tiny. Thanks for everyone’s input!

Wow is all I can say about all the changes since we visited last! Daigon Alley is something else! We’re not Harry Potter fans but it’s very impressive.

These rides require a locker if you had a bag, cup, or purse: Hulk, Forbidden Journey, Hagrids, Rip Ride Rocket, Mummy, Men in Black, and Escape from Gringotts.

I always bring a medium sized backpack with a few bottles of water/pop, snacks, and a camera to Disney. Are the lockers big enough for that? For the other rides can you shove your backpack on the floor? Thanks

If it's a small camera, it should fit (a full size DSLR w/ lenses would be a stretch). If there aren't free lockers, you can bring your bag along.

Note that the water rides do not require you to use a locker, but if you choose to do so there are paid lockers available. If you bring stuff on, be prepared for it to get wet.

I always bring a medium sized backpack with a few bottles of water/pop, snacks, and a camera to Disney. Are the lockers big enough for that? For the other rides can you shove your backpack on the floor? Thanks

We were at both Universal and Disney this past week. It was interesting to me how every ride at Disney you can take a bag onto (except Soarin, people had their bags on the floor in the aisle near the ride), but many of the rides at Universal require a locker. It is a pain in the butt to get a locker (at least to me it is).

You can fit a small to medium size bag in the free lockers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!