What does the APP do while ON the ship?

Wow! How does it know your washer and dryer are done? I guess it's tied to your room key?
There are machines in the laundry room that you use to purchase a virtual token for the washing machines and dryers, as well as detergent if you need it. You use your KTTW card to buy them. Then you scan the KTTW card on the machine to use the virtual token. So the machine knows exactly who is using it.

And - I found this hilarious - but THOSE alerts get pushed right through!! Texts from my family members only got to me if I was looking for them, generally. But the laundry machine gets you that message to come get your stuff, no problem. Go figure!

If your child has self-checkout privileges from the kid's club, it will send you a notification when they check themselves out.
I forgot about this part too, was also very useful!

However, the annoying part about the app's messaging is that the time stamp is the time on your phone that you READ the message, not when it was actually sent! I guess with everyone in airplane mode, that's the simplest programming. But it was super irritating trying to figure out where people were and when, if you didn't happen to catch the message immediately. This led to some confusion with the club/lab messages, if we had a delay in getting them. They certainly need to improve how the app alerts you.

Does the app have a time of day clock? my "smart" watch won't change time zones since I won't set it up to use data. Should I bring a standard watch with me or can I use the app as a time of day clock? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter