What does this all mean for those with reservations prior to July 11th?

Racheldb

Mouseketeer
I've been trying to see if this has been asked yet, but haven't seen anything. Our reservation is for July 5th through the 12th. I'm not sure where all of this leaves us. Disney has posted that no modifications or new reservations are being done currently. "Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold. Additional details will be shared with these Guests soon." I have no idea what this means for me. Am I considered an existing ticket holder (thought my dates our prior to the reopening)? Or am I going to be considered someone to be dealt with later since I will have to modify my reservation? Ugh...just need some answers.

There are no answers right now unfortunately. They did say there would be cm previews of dinner sort so in assuming this will happen the week before opening.
I would guess all reservations prior to the 11th will be canceled but I'm not sure, i have a room for July 1st and im just waiting it out

There are no answers right now unfortunately. They did say there would be cm previews of dinner sort so in assuming this will happen the week before opening.
I would guess all reservations prior to the 11th will be canceled but I'm not sure, i have a room for July 1st and im just waiting it out

I think you are right. At this point, if you're not DVC or Ft. Wilderness, I don't think they'll have a hotel room that week!

Thanks for the responses so far!! I guess I am just hoping that since they are probably going to cancel me, that I will be able to reschedule before they start taking new reservations.

We have reservations starting June 15th that have not been cancelled yet. At this point I would love for them just to cancel us so we can get our money back and move on to do something else this summer. The way they are handling this is very frustrating to me - they know they aren't going to be open during this time so there should be no reason they are dragging their feet on cancelling/modifying these trips in the interim.

My dh didn't want to cancel as he was holding out hope - but now I really wish we would have went ahead and done it before the big announcement.

I truly do love Disney, but it has been so frustrating how this is all being handled. I have no clue how to proceed and I have called to get info but the TMs don't have the answers either.

I truly do love Disney, but it has been so frustrating how this is all being handled. I have no clue how to proceed and I have called to get info but the TMs don't have the answers either.
CM, TMs are Universal and they are doing a wonderful job in the guest service department.
I understand your frustration

CM, TMs are Universal and they are doing a wonderful job in the guest service department.
I understand your frustration
I agree! The CM/ TMs have been wonderful! I always express my thanks to them for all of their help! I feel so bad for them right now because they cannot answer all of the questions being thrown at them right now. I feel they are as much in the dark as we are. They have some tough days ahead! I hope people keep this in mind and are kind during these calls! :)

I agree! The CM/ TMs have been wonderful! I always express my thanks to them for all of their help! I feel so bad for them right now because they cannot answer all of the questions being thrown at them right now. I feel they are as much in the dark as we are. They have some tough days ahead! I hope people keep this in mind and are kind during these calls! :)
They are the last to know unfortunately. Not only that, they are understaffed right now. So everyone calling remember to be kind

My unfortunate guess is that they will cancel your reservation. :(
Im thinking thats what is going to happen with us, 7-15 dates. My hope would be that anyone prior to July 11th would get priority on whatever rooms are left after they have gone and restructured all resort capacity. I think its also very possible we would be pushed out to book later. If anyone gets anymore info, let us know!

I have to agree this is all being handled rather poorly. Told the DH it's a good thing we have loved every Disney trip we took. If this had been our first one I may have had a sour taste in my mouth and been hesitant to book again. I get all the unknowns but the communication and dragging out the situation has sucked...And now to not even allow someone to simply just cancel....feels like they are hanging on to our money on purpose.

I have to agree this is all being handled rather poorly. Told the DH it's a good thing we have loved every Disney trip we took. If this had been our first one I may have had a sour taste in my mouth and been hesitant to book again. I get all the unknowns but the communication and dragging out the situation has sucked...And now to not even allow someone to simply just cancel....feels like they are hanging on to our money on purpose.
I hate to say this because I love Disney, but I think they are. There is no reason not to refund people who have reservations during a time when the parks WILL NOT be open. If they want to offer you a re-booking discount like they have at DLR, they don't need to keep you hostage like this.

So I have 1 of my many reservations that’s a 1 day stay, with us checking out on the 11th. Since it would appear I could’ve modified that to extend my stay, it was considered having a valid onsite stay. I guess that would give me priority for a park reservation for that one day. Not that we’re using it, but it’s interesting that a check out date would qualify. I would’ve thought I’d get cancelled entirely, and it might, but then I shouldn’t have had the ability to modify yesterday either.

And I’m getting blasted with the letter about dining and adrs, telling me I’m eligible for priority booking when I don’t have a stay during those things I had booked.

Bottom line, this is a mess!

I agree with you. I don’t think there is any great way to handle this situation, but they are really only sending out updates in trickles. hopefully we will find out more within the next few days, there are still a lot of unknowns.

I've been trying to see if this has been asked yet, but haven't seen anything. Our reservation is for July 5th through the 12th. I'm not sure where all of this leaves us. Disney has posted that no modifications or new reservations are being done currently. "Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold. Additional details will be shared with these Guests soon." I have no idea what this means for me. Am I considered an existing ticket holder (thought my dates our prior to the reopening)? Or am I going to be considered someone to be dealt with later since I will have to modify my reservation? Ugh...just need some answers.

Ive been wondering the same. We are booked for July 7-14 so we are in between the closed time and the reopen time. I am wondering if they are just going to cancel us outright, give us an opportunity to push the trip back to start on the 11th or just change the trip dates altogether.

Ive decided we aren't going at all in July but I was holding off on canceling myself in hopes I get the 35% off for another trip.

Ive been wondering the same. We are booked for July 7-14 so we are in between the closed time and the reopen time. I am wondering if they are just going to cancel us outright, give us an opportunity to push the trip back to start on the 11th or just change the trip dates altogether.

Ive decided we aren't going at all in July but I was holding off on canceling myself in hopes I get the 35% off for another trip.
I am assuming we will hear soon, right? :P I am hoping to modify the dates if possible ASAP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter