What else in CA to do? Hope its ok to ask here.

I would highly recommend a desert trip. Extraordinarily beautiful and very, very different than anything you will see in Virginia.

Red Rock Canyon State Park is amazing and you'll never see anything like Joshua Tree.

They are both about two hours away from Anaheim. Which would be better? They both look really neat.

OK I'll look into the Science Center. Theres seems to be so many good choices its hard to decide where to go.

It's kind of hard to describe the place. I don't know if it's necessarily the best at anything it has, but it has a lot of little things that are done well. It's got an aquarium, but that section isn't as big as the Aquarium of the Pacific. They've got small sections for different sciences. However, the star attraction is the Space Shuttle Endeavour.

https://californiasciencecenter.org

The museum is basically free, other than seeing the Space Shuttle. That requires a timed ticket with a nominal reservation fee ($3 now per ticket). When we visited the reservation fee was $1.50 and we were able to walk up and get them. If you pay to see an IMAX movie, a reservation for the Space Shuttle is included. I believe some people just pay for an IMAX movie to see the Space Shuttle when there aren't any more reservations available without it.

Not sure how much they charge for parking now. It was $10 when we visited in 2013. They've got other museums and a rose garden in Exposition Park. Also the LA Sports Arena and the Los Angeles Coliseum with the Olympic flame.

They are both about two hours away from Anaheim. Which would be better? They both look really neat.

Joshua Tree is much more "desert" than Red Rock, which is more of a mountain landscape, IMO. Joshua Tree is a more popular destination.

I think the tram being referred to is the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway. That and the Living Desert are fun if you're interested in seeing the desert, and Joshua Tree is really interesting. I wouldn't do Death Valley unless you're really into desert!

For beaches, my kids love Laguna. It's a great little town with good restaurants, lots of art and a playground on the beach. Corona del Mar is another great one.

Exposition Park is also great. My boys love the CA Science Center and the Natural History Museum, and the rose garden is beautiful as well.

Knotts is great too (as a kid I preferred it to DL) but that's a lot of theme park if you're already doing 4 days at DL.

Not sure how much they charge for parking now. It was $10 when we visited in 2013. They've got other museums and a rose garden in Exposition Park. Also the LA Sports Arena and the Los Angeles Coliseum with the Olympic flame.

The price for parking at the California Science Center in Exposition Park is still $10, I don't believe there have been any changes over the years, even despite inflation and so on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!