What else to explore around Orlando

hjchik

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are thinking of planning a trip down to Disney again this Fall. Last year we did Disney, SeaWorld, Discovery Cove and Gatorland. What else is there to do in or around Orlando that may be of interest and could take up a few days prior to or after or Disney stay?

Was thinking of potentially going to Cocoa Beach or Daytona? But would be curious if there is a hidden gem near Orlando I'm not aware of.

Thanks!

If you two are up for a short drive, 1 hour, to the coastline you could check out the Kennedy Space Center. There are some pretty spectacular water parks if you like those. Mickey's Halloween is in the fall too.

There's Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure as well as their waterpark Volcano Bay. Also the Coca Cola Orlando Eye, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Sealife Aquarium and another new ride on I Drive. Many other attractions on I Drive also: Titanic Experience, Rippleys, Wonder works, and more.

We're thinking of heading to the Lake Apopka Wildlife Trail during our July trip. Another thing we're thinking about is going to Port Canaveral to watch the Disney Dream sail out.

Cocoa Beach is my favorite beach. I LOVE the Cocoa Beach Resort.
I also like going to Blue Spring State Park to swim in the springs and see the manatees.
Also, out by MCO is a cable park for water skiing, paddleboard, etc.
If you're looking for something silly for dinner, I really enjoy Sleuth's Mystery Dinner Theater on I-Drive.
And of course, you can always go see the mermaids at Weeki Wachee!

You can also check the schedules for the Orlando Magic and Orlando City Soccer - both are fun experiences and you can find cheaper tickets on StubHub.

Winter Park is a lovely town- nice restaurants and shops. We took a boat tour there which was very nice!

Mount Dora is another quaint place to visit!

The gulf beaches are great as well! Siesta Key is so pretty!

Went there a few years ago. It was a pleasant way to spend an afternoon. Saw one of the largest alligators we've seen in Florida! We've seen larger ones here in South Texas, but never that big in Florida.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts