What fairy tales are left for Disney films?

Here is an unofficial list of concepts Disney may or may not be considering. Half of them are probably made up out of thin air, but still...

Atlantis - The Lost Empire (2001)
Monsters Inc (Pixar, 2001)
Lilo and Stitch (2002)
Treasure Planet (FINALLY in 2002/2003)
Finding Nemo (Pixar, 2003)
Sweatin Bullets (2004)
Brother Bear (2005)
Fantasia III (2006)
Don Quixote (2007)
50th animated classic (2012)

Another interesting one could be East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

As for John Henry, it was released (on a *very* limited basis) sometime last year. I'm really annoyed at how they handled it, since I was looking forward to seeing it. It isn't a full length film, more like 25 minutes. I'm hoping that they release it to DVD sometime, but given how much they've downplayed it, I'm not holding my breath.

Sarangel

John Henry is approx. 10 minutes long, and is currently playing the film festival circuit. It is scheduled to have two showings at the Florida Film Festival this week and next here in Orlando. They opted not to release it nationally with a feature, because doing so would (as far as I've been told) disqualify it for Academy Award nominations. I hope to see it next Saturday morning and I'll try to post my thoughts shortly thereafter.

I agree with LisaT. I'm sure there are many wonderful stories from different cultures all over the world. I had never heard of Mulan until the Disney film. And, as you can tell, it's now one of my favorites. I also love Pocahontas, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid and Aladdin. To me, Toy Story, Toy Story 2 and Lion King are a notch down from there, and the rest (of the recent films) are way down from there. I'd really like to see more of the "good stuff."

'Sweatin' Bullets' is an animated Western musical that's been in production for the last few years. I first read about it on the now-defunct Unofficial Disney Animation Archive, and Landbaron just posted a link to an article that mentions it as well. It should be fun.... Singin' Cartoon Cowboys, Yeee-Hawww! (plus it could have tie-ins in Frontierland... Who knows?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!