What food/drink smells do you dislike?

disykat

DIS Veteran
*There are some candies that a local Pho place gives out with the check that smell so rank. Unfortunately my husband loves them.
*Fast food trash. ( I worked at Dairy Queen in high school and emptying the trash turned my stomach. Every fast food place garbage can has that same smell.)
*Jimmy John's sandwich shop. Something about all the yeast I guess. Weird because I love the smell of Subway bread.

scrhsa

DIS Veteran
Grill/camp fire smoke left in my clothes.
Ketchup after I'm finished eating.
Spaghetti after I'm finished eating.

• L&Lfan

DIS Veteran
    Nigerian style boiled goat. I had to apologetically leave their house I felt so nauseous.

ronandannette

I gave myself this tag and I "Like" myself too!
    Frying practically anything - not so much while it’s cooking but the smell that lingers afterwards. I have never deep-fried anything in my life and even heating up frozen, pre-made deep-fried food in the oven makes me want to vacate the house for a day afterwards. It really doesn’t help that my current kitchen doesn’t have a vented hood fan and can’t due to the configuration (condo building). :(

• BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
    Mac and cheese smell has made me almost vomit.

Drinks probably milk or eggnog.
    Oh, eggnog - I'm pretty convinced it's just the milk that didn't get sold for the entire year. They sprinkle a little cinnamon in it and call it a holiday beverage. It's so gross! :crazy2:

Last edited:

indimom

Are We There Yet?
    I wondered if anyone else hated the "old ketchup" smell. I guess I'm not alone. It's fine while eating; but, if someone leaves it on a plate overnight? That stuffs nasty.

RedAngie

80's New Wave Girl
    Oh, eggnog - I'm pretty convinced it's just the milk that didn't get sold for the entire year. They sprinkle a little cinnamon in in and call it a holiday beverage. It's so gross! :crazy2:
    I once had a partial carton of eggnog in the back of the fridge for about two months after its expiration date. It didn't smell all that bad, but when I went to pour it down the drain it had lumps of solid matter mixed in. Disgusting.

• arminnie

<font color=blue>Tossed the butter kept the gin<br
    Kentucky fried chicken. I used to go to a hardware store that had a KFC in their parking lot. The smell of that old grease just permeated the whole parking lot. And it was a huge parking lot. Made me gag.

Feralpeg

Living and Loving Windermere!
    I hate the smell of coffee once it has been perked. It reminds me of burnt toast. I also don't like anything that smells fishy.

NYCgrrl

DIS Veteran
    Beef liver which has a stronger smell than calf's' liver. Can't stand the taste of sauteed beef liver either but love the younger version.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News