What food/drink smells do you dislike?

Cape May Cafe

A thousand times, YES!!!! DH had to leave the restaurant because the smell made him heave. We'd sat down at a table and had just begun to eat when his face turned really white and he began to heave loud enough for people at other tables to turn and look at us. I didn't heave but I felt sick to my stomach and couldn't eat anything but the bread. Awful! :crazy2:

Sesame oil. A Chinese-American friend likes to use it as a seasoning in noodles or other things, but I makes me feel nauseous. But she hates cinnamon.

I can handle sesame seeds, but there’s just something about pressed sesame oil.

Ground beef cooking. I’m not terribly grossed out by it but every time I cook it, I think of how I hate the smell until it’s fully cooked.

I'm sure there are more but fish/seafood is what I went to first.

Just remembered browning butter.

Last edited:
Beer
Wine
Any alcohol really
vinegar
The entire produce section of any grocery store

Limburger and other stinky cheese.

I don't mind the aroma of cauliflower and other cruciferous vegetables cooking. I suppose I'm used to it.

Supposedly the worst smelling fruit is a durian, popular in some Asian countries.

Ranch dressing. Once when DD was little, she got sick after eating ranch dipped crackers. I still can't stand the smell.
Garlic unless I'm eating it - I hate the smell of it on my hands and in the air after I cook.

Frying hamburger. When I was pregnant the smell would make me sick and it kind of stuck with me ever since. :crazy2:

Liver. Ugh. It was the one food I refused to eat as a kid and once had to sit at the table until bedtime with my mother threatening to serve it to me for breakfast. There was never another conversation about it, but after that when she made liver she boiled me a hotdog. It always seemed to me that the hotdog picked up a little of the liver flavor. So gross.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!