What food/drink smells do you dislike?

*There are some candies that a local Pho place gives out with the check that smell so rank. Unfortunately my husband loves them.
*Fast food trash. ( I worked at Dairy Queen in high school and emptying the trash turned my stomach. Every fast food place garbage can has that same smell.)
*Jimmy John's sandwich shop. Something about all the yeast I guess. Weird because I love the smell of Subway bread.

Grill/camp fire smoke left in my clothes.
Ketchup after I'm finished eating.
Spaghetti after I'm finished eating.

Nigerian style boiled goat. I had to apologetically leave their house I felt so nauseous.

Frying practically anything - not so much while it’s cooking but the smell that lingers afterwards. I have never deep-fried anything in my life and even heating up frozen, pre-made deep-fried food in the oven makes me want to vacate the house for a day afterwards. It really doesn’t help that my current kitchen doesn’t have a vented hood fan and can’t due to the configuration (condo building). :(

Mac and cheese smell has made me almost vomit.

Drinks probably milk or eggnog.

Oh, eggnog - I'm pretty convinced it's just the milk that didn't get sold for the entire year. They sprinkle a little cinnamon in it and call it a holiday beverage. It's so gross! :crazy2:

Last edited:
I wondered if anyone else hated the "old ketchup" smell. I guess I'm not alone. It's fine while eating; but, if someone leaves it on a plate overnight? That stuffs nasty.

Oh, eggnog - I'm pretty convinced it's just the milk that didn't get sold for the entire year. They sprinkle a little cinnamon in in and call it a holiday beverage. It's so gross! :crazy2:

I once had a partial carton of eggnog in the back of the fridge for about two months after its expiration date. It didn't smell all that bad, but when I went to pour it down the drain it had lumps of solid matter mixed in. Disgusting.

Kentucky fried chicken. I used to go to a hardware store that had a KFC in their parking lot. The smell of that old grease just permeated the whole parking lot. And it was a huge parking lot. Made me gag.

I hate the smell of coffee once it has been perked. It reminds me of burnt toast. I also don't like anything that smells fishy.

Beef liver which has a stronger smell than calf's' liver. Can't stand the taste of sauteed beef liver either but love the younger version.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!