What food/drink smells do you dislike?

My dog after she has been sunning herself. She gets Extra Doggo in the sun.

I can also smell on peoples breath when they are getting sick. (like flu sick) Now that I don't have any little kids, I wish I could turn off this ability. yuck.

The main one that comes to mind is seafood--fresh or cooked. Random example even though I enjoy water (lakes, seas, oceans, etc) that smell when there's a lot of seafood present in the waters is over powering and turns my stomach. Then there's the more average grocery stores and restaurants where the smell occurs.

Fish and Brussels sprouts being nuked in the microwave. :crazy2: I have a co-worker who does this at least once a week.

I can't stand the smell of curry. Something about it makes me nauseous.

Also, for some reason, I hate the smell of fajitas that are still sizzling in the skillet while being served in a restaurant.

I have Asperger's and along with it sensory issues. Smell is one big part of that. There are two things in particular that will make me gag. Sea food and a ton of fried food like at a carinvel or fair.

Gin.

Got in a game of “chicken” while in college. Can’t smell or taste to this day w/o feeling green to the gills (for context, I’m a grandfather so it’s been more than a few years now!).

Does that count?

Subway. Usually easy to avoid but sometimes we are on a road trip and go to a rest stop and can’t avoid the smell.

Alcohol

Limburger and other stinky cheese.

I don't mind the aroma of cauliflower and other cruciferous vegetables cooking. I suppose I'm used to it.

Supposedly the worst smelling fruit is a durian, popular in some Asian countries.

For me it is the cooking odor of eggs or ANY cruciferous vegetable. DH can cook eggs if I'm not home and he cleans up before I get home, but no cruciferous veggies ever enter my house; I hate the smell that much.

Cut durian smells like roadkill, especially if it is room temp. The odor is similar to very rotten raw meat; that horrible sickly sweet smell.

While sesame oil makes my nauseous, what really gets me is certain types of non-dairy dairy substitutes made of soybean oil. There was a non-dairy dessert from Mocha Mix back in the 80s that was like ice cream. But it just made me feel ill just to smell it. I don't have a problem with non-dairy stuff made of tropical oils, but whatever they do to soybean oil just makes me feel sick.

likes: basil, mint, lemon, celery, cucumber, parsnips, fennel, tea, coffee
dislikes: cheese, cilantro, meat, oranges, overripe banana

I like garlic but really dislike when a person smells like garlic, it turns my stomach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!