what fun things do you do to foods so your kids will eat them?

binny

do something that MATTERS!
Im not usually very creative when it comes to making kids foods but today Kate asked for sprinkles on her peanut butter toast and I thought " Why not?" so shes eating peanut butter toast with green sprinkles on them lol

I got to thinking there must be a million ways we can jazz up our kids meals. Any ideas?

DGD loves a whipped cream smiley face on her pancakes. She'll just sit there and stare at them if you forget the smiley, but once it's on there, she gobbles 'em up :D

Broccoli is called trees, cauliflower are called flowers. Never ever call them by the real name or my ds won't eat them.

I cut grilled cheese sandwiches into "finger" that is, strips so DS can eat them like cheese sticks.

If he wants just cold cuts (not a big bread eater, my kid) and I have time to spare, I cut them with cookie cutters. He loves that. I use bunny shapes and gingerbread men so he can bite off their ears and heads.

If it's my kids you just cover the food in tomato ketchup - and they'll eat it :)

I shape my meatloaf. We have had cats, dogs, baseball caps, Christmas trees, even the Rocks Bull. Whatever the season is or whatever is going on. I decorate it with greenpeppers, tomatos and onions.

Not the most nutritious meal, but my DD loves it....

Before boiling a hot dog cut it lengthwise about 3/4 of its length into 8 strips. Then boil the dog so the strips will curl up a little. At the same time, boil some ramen noodles, then drain the water and tint them green. Dump the noodles onto a plate and stand the hot dog up in the middle of the noodles. Add mustard eyes and a smile, and you've got an octopus sitting in some sea weed.

If you add a little of that squeezable blue butter to your scrambled eggs before they're completely cooked, you've got green eggs. Add the ham and you're set up with green eggs and ham. ;)

We also do the cookie cutter shapes for pancakes, sandwiches, etc. Anything to make it more fun for her. :D

I dont really do anything with the food itself except describe it as
'batman broccoli','spiderman spinach' 'Britney beans' and (wait for it) 'Shakira soup' (my 4 year olds latest hero)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!