What Grocery delivery service do you use?

I've twice used Amazon Prime Now, I was pleased both times. The produce was very fresh and well selected.

We're looking at Prime Now, but wonder if things have improved if we added beer to our order. Heard reports of issues of not being able to leave at bell services and having to be present to receive delivery.
We were loyal GG customers for years until the prices got too much to handle. We used Prime Now in early Dec. The food/beer/produce/prices/delivery was all as good as GG. BUT - they didn't deliver to bell services or my room. I stayed at Boardwalk - not sure if that matters. It did annoy me that I had to go meet delivery man out front (I had beer so I had to show ID) and then I had to get a huge cart and transport MANY bags of food all alone. (Bell services was busy with guests, so I was on my own.) So plan for a "stop" in your vacation fun when delivery happens. All in all - it was well worth the savings (GG was going to be almost DOUBLE what my prime now cost was!)

We were loyal GG customers for years until the prices got too much to handle. We used Prime Now in early Dec. The food/beer/produce/prices/delivery was all as good as GG. BUT - they didn't deliver to bell services or my room. I stayed at Boardwalk - not sure if that matters. It did annoy me that I had to go meet delivery man out front (I had beer so I had to show ID) and then I had to get a huge cart and transport MANY bags of food all alone. (Bell services was busy with guests, so I was on my own.) So plan for a "stop" in your vacation fun when delivery happens. All in all - it was well worth the savings (GG was going to be almost DOUBLE what my prime now cost was!)

I think and could be wrong but this is because they needed to see your ID. I have had mine left at bell services, but no alcohol.

I think and could be wrong but this is because they needed to see your ID. I have had mine left at bell services, but no alcohol.
You are correct - but it would have been easier for them to deliver to my room to see the ID. Rather than me meet them in the front drive. GG makes you fax your DL to them when you order alcohol so they can drop with bell services. Its easier - but again, not worth the extra cost - they are SO high in prices lately.

You are correct - but it would have been easier for them to deliver to my room to see the ID. Rather than me meet them in the front drive. GG makes you fax your DL to them when you order alcohol so they can drop with bell services. Its easier - but again, not worth the extra cost - they are SO high in prices lately.
100% agree!

We used Wal-Mart, first time ever using any delivery service. Results = GREAT. Delivery was right on time, 90%+ items were exactly as requested, a few where a different brand, or different size/quantity, but totally fine. We WILL use them on future trips. The small delivery fee was waived with an on line code. We normally get a rental car, but this trip all rates were very high and hated to waste the time to go shopping.

Yeah, but I can see possible legal issues with the way GG does it. There's nothing to stop a teen from faxing their parents drivers license, and calling Bell Services to have the stuff brought up to the room.

Yeah, but I can see possible legal issues with the way GG does it. There's nothing to stop a teen from faxing their parents drivers license, and calling Bell Services to have the stuff brought up to the room.
Agreed. However, the first time I ever used GG they did deliver to me at my room and they checked my ID in person vs the one I had faxed in to them. Since that time they've only required I refax the ID - and they've dropped at Bell Services. Maybe they "ID" the first order and subsequent orders from same account the accept the fax?

Agreed. However, the first time I ever used GG they did deliver to me at my room and they checked my ID in person vs the one I had faxed in to them. Since that time they've only required I refax the ID - and they've dropped at Bell Services. Maybe they "ID" the first order and subsequent orders from same account the accept the fax?

I didn't think grocery services were allowed to deliver right to the room.

I didn't think grocery services were allowed to deliver right to the room.
I absolutely had GG deliver to my room the very first time I ordered. I remember him helping me count/unload my things and I was missing a pack of diapers. (Which he later delivered.) That child that was in diapers is now almost 14yo. So that was QUITE a long time ago, LOL. Not sure what the rules were back then for room deliveries, but GG definitely delivered to my room that first time.

I absolutely had GG deliver to my room the very first time I ordered. I remember him helping me count/unload my things and I was missing a pack of diapers. (Which he later delivered.) That child that was in diapers is now almost 14yo. So that was QUITE a long time ago, LOL. Not sure what the rules were back then for room deliveries, but GG definitely delivered to my room that first time.

Yeah, but they also used to put your park purchases in your room, instead of having to get them from the resort store. So there were likely some incidents OR new insurance restrictions.

Anyone have experience ordering deli meat and cheese from Instacart or Amazon Prime Now? We usually go to Publix for our groceries but have been debating using one of these services to save time. How is the produce?

Anyone have experience ordering deli meat and cheese from Instacart or Amazon Prime Now? We usually go to Publix for our groceries but have been debating using one of these services to save time. How is the produce?

No deli meat but produce had no issues. Got grapes, strawberries, bananas, no issues at all. (Amazon prime now)

ETA and apples

Last edited:
I ordered pre-packaged sandwich meat from Prime Now, Dietz & Watson Black Forest Ham. It was 5.44 for 7 ounces. It made very tasty sandwiches. It is a brand we don't see here in Central Texas. I ordered fresh blueberries and bananas to put on our morning cereal. The produce quality was excellent.

We just got back a couple of days ago and used Amazon Prime. Worked out great! No issues at all. I did some price comparison and they were pretty good. Some things cheaper, some the same oand some more expensive.

We're going in April and I'm thinking of trying Amazon Prime. If we don't order liquor/beer can anyone confirm that they will leave our order with Bell Services? We will be staying at The Boardwalk and will be going to Disney Springs for a while before check in so may not be there when Amazon Prime arrives.
TIA

ETA; how about InstaCart? I just want a service that will drop off at the hotel if we're not there and that of course will be reliable and not overly expensive.

Last edited:
We're going in April and I'm thinking of trying Amazon Prime. If we don't order liquor/beer can anyone confirm that they will leave our order with Bell Services? We will be staying at The Boardwalk and will be going to Disney Springs for a while before check in so may not be there when Amazon Prime arrives.
TIA

ETA; how about InstaCart? I just want a service that will drop off at the hotel if we're not there and that of course will be reliable and not overly expensive.

I can confirm with amazon prime now we did not purchase any alcohol and they left everything at bell services. I haven’t been to the boardwalk but 3 other hotels with no issues.

On my last stay it was colder then expect and when we were in the park I ordered a blanket for the stroller, a sweatshirt, aspirin, and something else and it was at bell services before we were back from the park.

I order lots of different items, shampoo, wipes, etc so I don’t need to pack them. Have never used instacart.

Amazon Prime Now left our order with bell services at OKW, I then called bell services and had them bring it to the room (tipped them, of course)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!