What grocery services can I use and still avoid the $5 per package fee

donnaf516

DIS Veteran
We've used Garden Grocer in the past without any issues but they're a little high so I'm looking for alternatives. What services can I use and not pay the $5 fee charged by Disney? Is Amazon grocery an option or will I be charged?

As long as the delivery is to Bell Services/Luggage Assistance(at the Values) the fee doesn't apply.

If you order from a local (to DW) business that has a delivery person who brings your order to the resort it will be delivered to bell services and there is no fee (e.g. Garden Grocer, ECV/wheelchair rental companies.) If the package is shipped/mailed to the resort and delivered by UPS, FedEx, USPS or any similar shipping company it will be delivered to the front desk and there will be a $5 fee.

Really, $5?
But you get a nice note!lol:)

35686568650_0a81815040_h.jpg

We stayed at POR a couple of weeks ago and we ordered from Amazon Prime Pantry. There was a $5 fee on my resort invoice for package handling.

But you get a nice note!lol:)
We did not get a note and nobody told us about the fee. I saw it when I checked out my bill from the resort. Apparently it's now a policy.

We stayed at POR a couple of weeks ago and we ordered from Amazon Prime Pantry. There was a $5 fee on my resort invoice for package handling.

We did not get a note and nobody told us about the fee. I saw it when I checked out my bill from the resort. Apparently it's now a policy.
It went into effect in February of this year.

The $5 fee is mentioned under "Receiving Mail" in the Mail Services section of the Disney World website:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/

And it's $5 PER PACKAGE.

One of our last trips front desk rolled out huge cart stacked tall, probably 20 boxes. Let's just say the guests were quite vocal when handed their bill.

Last edited:
We ordered from Amazon Prime Now back in March and didn't have to pay the fee at POP but we did have to pay for the coffee maker we had delivered from the regular amazon website.

We use Garden Grocer, just finalized our latest order for next week. Always had a great experience with excellent customer service. Next time we may look at others depending on prices etc... but as above Garden Grocer (and others) deliver to Bell Services and while there is no charge, there is an element of 'tipping' the bell services, so there is an associated cost. Obviously it isn't reliant upon the number of packages though.

And it's $5 PER PACKAGE. One of our last trips front desk rolled out huge cart stacked tall, probably 20 boxes. Let's just say the guests were quite vocal when handed their bill.

Well that would smart if you weren't expecting it. How long before guests request their entire order be sent in one large box? :scratchin

Well that would smart if you weren't expecting it. How long before guests request their entire order be sent in one large box? :scratchin

Yeah, though these were all decent size boxes, like close to the size of a case of paper. I don't blame Disney, how many people have to handle those boxes, utilize a cart and storage space?

And it's $5 PER PACKAGE.

One of our last trips front desk rolled out huge cart stacked tall, probably 20 boxes. Let's just say the guests were quite vocal when handed their bill.

Yeah, though these were all decent size boxes, like close to the size of a case of paper. I don't blame Disney, how many people have to handle those boxes, utilize a cart and storage space?
About the time this fee went into effect someone posted about seeing a UPS truck pull up at a resort and unload pallets full of packages. Someone at the resort has to unload, record and store all of the packages. It was also mentioned that even at one of the smaller resorts like POFQ, if 10% of the guests shipped a package for their room that would be about 100 packages. Imagine dealing with it at one of the larger resorts. Once airlines began imposing luggage limits and fees it was probably inevitable that resorts started charging fees as more and more guests began shipping things.

We have used Garden Grocer in the past and they were fine. Last trip we used Dizzy Dolphin, their prices are a little more reasonable, but you can't go wrong with either one.

As for the $5, if you eat one meal in your room you'll save that much over a Disney meal cost.

We've used Safeway in the past with no problems. If you order beer/wine you have to meet them and show ID. Funny thing is, one time they brought everything up to the room(BLT) another time I had to go down, show ID, then Bell Services brought it up. It was a large order.

We have used Garden Grocer in the past and they were fine. Last trip we used Dizzy Dolphin, their prices are a little more reasonable, but you can't go wrong with either one.

As for the $5, if you eat one meal in your room you'll save that much over a Disney meal cost.
GG,and I assume Dizzy Dolphin,deliver to Bell Services/Luggage Assistance(at the Values) and don't incur the fee.:)

Will a case of water cause the charge of 5$? Wasn't sure if I ordered a case of water from Amazon prime now if that would go to bell services or no?

I don't usually say things like this but I can't help my self. People are worried about a $5 fee when they are paying Disney prices? I find that crazy.

I can understand what you're saying but want to share another side of the story.

I live in Canada and many places do not ship across the border so I use our Disney trips as opportunities to order things I cannot get at home or, items that are much less expensive in the US. In the past I have placed 1 or 2 orders with a total of maybe 8-10 items and had 6 different packages show up! If I'm ordering a $3 item (as one of the items) and the company shipping chooses to ship it alone, that quickly negates the savings.

I understand Disney charging for package delivery but this year I will either choose not to order as many things or, look for an option on the shipping page that indicates I wish items to be shipped together.

$5 US currently = $6.75 CDN which = careful online shopping for our family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!