What happened to all the fast passes?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

p44nmun

Mouseketeer
Been going to Disney World every year for 10 years. Always log on at 6:00am central at the 60 day mark, and always get my fast passes. This morning almost every “top” ride was already gone. No Pandora, no Mickey/Minnie railway (which I had for our cx March trip), no SDMT, and on and on.
There were some like splash mountain/etc, but it’s just not the norm and so strange.
July 14 is our arrival. Oh well. Maybe I counted our 60 day out wrong. Covid brain.

Our 60 day mark was last week for July 8-12 and we had the same experience. There were almost zero FPs for the morning hours for any rides and there were no tier 1 FPs for any parks at any time of day for the duration of our trip. Our canceled May trip had every FP available at the times we wanted.

Our 60 day mark was last week for July 8-12 and we had the same experience. There were almost zero FPs for the morning hours for any rides and there were no tier 1 FPs for any parks at any time of day for the duration of our trip. Our canceled May trip had every FP available at the times we wanted.
Our March trip too, it was planned perfectly. Oh well, it’ll be interesting!

Forgive me if it came across as me criticizing you for starting a new thread, that was not my intent. That other thread had become buried as of late. I was just wanting to offer it because you will have instant information instead of wondering about it.

Forgive me if it came across as me criticizing you for starting a new thread, that was not my intent. That other thread had become buried as of late. I was just wanting to offer it because you will have instant information instead of wondering about it.
No not at all! I appreciate the help!! Thank you.

I have a stay starting July 15, and as of today, still doesn’t even give me the ABILITY to make FP for our trip! Anyone else have this happen??

My FP day was last Saturday, and aside from the first few days I was able to get most everything I wanted around the times I wanted (aside from FOP, but I did get it just not at the time I really wanted). Things are weird right now, and I'm sure Disney isn't putting out as many FP as usual due to trying to have more control in crowd management. Unfortunately, the only way to get a lot of the top rides is to have a longer trip (I have no hope for my 4 day trip at the end of August at this point). I am hopeful that lower capacity means there isn't as much of a need for FP for a while anyway, but we'll see what happens.

Been going to Disney World every year for 10 years. Always log on at 6:00am central at the 60 day mark, and always get my fast passes. This morning almost every “top” ride was already gone. No Pandora, no Mickey/Minnie railway (which I had for our cx March trip), no SDMT, and on and on.
There were some like splash mountain/etc, but it’s just not the norm and so strange.
July 14 is our arrival. Oh well. Maybe I counted our 60 day out wrong. Covid brain.

You counted right. I made ours for July 13-18 yesterday. I started right at 7 am with Mickey’s railway. First I could get was Saturday at 5pm. 7 Dwarfs Mine train at 8 PM Thursday. I didn’t try for FOP & skipped MF because that was Friday evening & we have already done it a few times. Peter Pan’s Flight was early afternoon noon both of our MK days. I also noticed no FPs for Spaceship Earth all week. So I guess that closure hasn’t been cancelled yet.

We normally vacation Saturday to Saturday. And I think most people tend to start their vacations on a weekend. So I think with Disney cutting back the amount of FPs available, lots of them were already booked by people who arrive the weekend before my trip. I am not too bothered by the lack of availability right now because I am seriously doubting our trip will happen anyway. We are in western NY & our area can’t even open yet. We have another trip scheduled for September. I’m hoping that one will happen & I’ll have better luck with FPs then.

Wednesday was my morning for July 12. It wouldn't let me access stuff at first either. I had to log out and back in, even though I had logged in 15 minutes before :sad2: I ended up getting in 8 minutes after start.

I did ours yesterday... the only headliner I couldn't get was FOP.
That’s so great! I was looking the other day in the afternoon and a SDMT popped up at 8:50-9:50pm. I grabbed it as fast as I could, so we did get one headliner. That made me feel better.

Until we have real live experience it's very hard to know exactly what is going on. I honestly feel Disney is limiting the amount of advance fast passes available. Maybe, it's in line with it's 50% capacity level when they first reopen.

Until we have real live experience it's very hard to know exactly what is going on. I honestly feel Disney is limiting the amount of advance fast passes available. Maybe, it's in line with it's 50% capacity level when they first reopen.
This is one reason I think they’ll continue to use FP once they open rather than go to a lot of virtual queues. If they were t going to use FP, why cut back on how many they release? It’s clear they have cut back. Reservations are way down, FPs should be plentiful right now.

This is one reason I think they’ll continue to use FP once they open rather than go to a lot of virtual queues. If they were t going to use FP, why cut back on how many they release? It’s clear they have cut back. Reservations are way down, FPs should be plentiful right now.
I wonder which system would be easiest to expand over the whole park. ROR was set up with a virtual queue from the start, not sure how all of the rides attached to fast pass system can be switched to that system. Might it make more sense to allow everyone more fast passes per day to get most of the rides set at their fast pass pace.

So say they go to 50% capacity level and are still doing that in July. Are we all guaranteed you think to get into the parks because we have our tickets/resort reservations? I know there are so many unknowns and none of us really know how things will work, but I don’t want to go there and not be able to get into say Magic Kingdom in the day my fast passes are during my stay. Hope the resort reservation is our “guarantee “?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!