What happened to Columbia Harbor House?

freewill

Mouseketeer
Columbia Harbor House used to be our dependable quick service meal in the MK. Always a good variety of good enough food. Our kids always looked forward to it.

But went today for lunch and found a dramatically curtailed menu (no fish sandwich? Really??), and borderline awful food. Very little difference between the fried chicken nuggets and the fried fish pieces and the fried French fries.

Going to have to try to shake the disappointment and not let it be the lingering food memory of this trip. Sigh.

Hopefully the quality was an outlier or off day, but the menu seemed really dumbed down.

Agreed, the last time we went to CHH in 2018 we were very disappointed. All of our food was pretty bad, we will not be back anytime soon.

I agree. We used to go a few times a year to get the tuna sandwich. We skipped a few years and went back last year. Fries were fine, same as fries anywhere at Disney. But the tuna was very salty and was no longer on nice, thick multigrain bread. The bread was very thin and squishy and didn’t taste good. We haven’t been back since.

Agree...took a large group there in 2017.....I was disappointed...this year Jan I made a reservation for LTT for us..We loved the food...

I guess I’m not imagining things. I’ve only eaten there once, like 7 years ago and when I looked st the menu for this trip, I couldn’t find the items I thought we had gotten.

We always go to CHH for lunch on one of our MK days and don't ever have issues. I get the Lobster Roll and my kids get the macaroni and cheese. Last year, it was so chaotic at the counter that they gave us a fried chicken and fish platter for free as well (they'd made it up and no one was there to claim it).
I hope it lives up to our memories and expectations!!

Our last meal there was in October before a Halloween party, the food was good as always. My daughter loves the chicken pot pie. We will eat there again on Spring Break.

The girls still like the place but the last time we were there I found the food to be to salty (could be my fault I don't use salt) and to greasy.

I'm so sad to hear this! CHH is a family favorite!! Love the seafood! Our favorite spot is to eat upstairs and look out at the park while we eat!! I guess we'll still try it on our next trip- hopefully we'll catch it on a good day!

Have to pop in and give this place some love. :love:

DD and I ate there a week and a half ago and enjoyed it. We were walking by just after 11:00 am and wanted to lunch early because we had an early dinner ADR at Tiffin’s. Did mobile order for immediate pickup, two lobster rolls and one order of hush puppies. Walked in, picked up the food with no wait, and went upstairs to eat. So peaceful and quiet up there! It was our first time trying the lobster rolls, and we both loved them. My DDs had HUGE chunks of lobster claw, on mine the chunks were a little smaller but still very yummy. I ended up eating part of it with a fork and leaving half the bun. Chips on the side were OK, but they really should offer some kind of dip or seasoning to go with them, like Old Bay.

DD even commented as we left that the food there is always good. We ate our leftover chips while watching Muppets Great Moments in History just outside. Perfect!

Sorry to hear that others’ experiences were not so great. It’s always a bummer when your old favorites are disappointing.

We used to love eating st CHH! The original pot pie was to die for! Then they switched to using that nasty frosted flakes for the crust/ topping!! Who even does that!! The seafood stopped tasting like it had any flavor as well. It’s like the food at the Electric Umbrella in Epcot:crazy2:

We've been eating at CHH forever, ate there last November and didn't notice any difference. Will be back in the Spring.

We ate there last October and the food was as good as always.
Wonder if you hit it on a bad day.
The change in menu sounds worrisome . New chef or cost saving?
Hope its fixed bdfore we go back.

It's been a couple years since we have eaten at CHH. I'm sad to hear that it isn't very good anymore.

Although, we have been going to Disney yearly for about 10 years and I don't remember them ever having a fish sandwich, so I would say that has been gone off the menu for quite some time.

We were there in October and I had my usual lobster roll and it was as good as ever. What was awful though was the crowd! I have never seen it so crazy and chaotic in there. The line to order was out the door and down the walk ... only reason we didn't walk away was mobile ordering!

Agreed. September 2017 this was one of our favourite QS meals. September 2018 was horrible. Portions had shrunk and everything was over cooked.

It's just inconsistent. We went several times between 2010-2013 and it was pretty good, then it was downright vile in 2014. Had to pop in for a little bite in 2016 because it's just where we were and it wasn't bad. That's the problem with so much of Disney's dining...the inability to provide a consistent product.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter