What happened to Dueling Dragons?

JenniferFolsomCa

Mouseketeer
I am making a list of rides to not miss and I used to love Dueling Dragons roller coaster. Do they still have it? Did they change the name?

Jenn

SG131

DIS Veteran
I am making a list of rides to not miss and I used to love Dueling Dragons roller coaster. Do they still have it? Did they change the name?

Jenn
It's gone. Hagrids Motorbike Adventure is in its place, but is a whole new ride.

The Pho

A heck of a paleontologist if I do say so myself
It’s name was changed to Dragon Challenge in 2010 as part of the Harry Potter Land. It was closed in 2017 to make space for the Hagrids Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure, which opened this year. The Hagrid ride should be on your list.

• psac

DIS Veteran
    It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

JaxDad

DIS Veteran
    I rode it as both Dueling Dragons and Dragon Challenge, and I just happened to be there the last day it ran. It was a fun ride.

• gharter

DIS Veteran
    It’s name was changed to Dragon Challenge in 2010 as part of the Harry Potter Land. It was closed in 2017 to make space for the Hagrids Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure, which opened this year. The Hagrid ride should be on your list.
    this.

Duelling Dragons was ruined by idiots throwing stuff off the ride to try and hit the other train. Then they staggered the trains so they were no longer dueling.
    Then the change to Dragon Challenge.

mitsukoshi samurai

Mouseketeer
    this.

Duelling Dragons was ruined by idiots throwing stuff off the ride to try and hit the other train. Then they staggered the trains so they were no longer dueling.
    Then the change to Dragon Challenge.
    along with metal detectors and mandatory fluffy fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo

• marcyleecorgan

DIS Veteran
    It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

Mad Eye Moody... is that you?

J'aime Paris

Living happily ever after
    We loved Dueling Dragons (aka re-themed Dragons Challenge)!

I rode the new Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure just a few days ago...and WOW!!
    It was awesome! This ride should definitely go on your list:thumbsup2

(I did not watch any spoilers on the ride ahead of time, and I'm soooo glad I didn't. There are a few surprises that really add to the excitement if you don't expect them.)

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

UNIVERSAL PODCASTS

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS

UNIVERSAL ATTRACTIONS