]What Happened to the Lifetime Pass?

Tinkrbell

Mouseketeer
I was reading a very old thread (trying to find a restaurant recipe) and someone had remembered that Disney used to offer MK Lifetime passes for $99!!

Whatever happened to these?
Do the original owners of these still exist somewhere?
Did they get bought out by Disney?
Can they still go to MK for their lifetime???

I have never once heard of a lifetime pass and wondered if this was for real?

Its kind of cool seeing what Disney used to have and how the everything has changed so much. (now if I could just find that old restaurant recipe)

I recall that thread too. My dad says he remembers disney selling these passes during one of our trips in the 70's, but I was certainly too little to remember. HMMM... I've never read about a person claiming to have one though.

Disney has never sold lifetime passes. They have awarded them to some families, generally the first ones through the gate of a new park.

People who have retired from Disney also have, as one of their retirement benefits, lifetime passes.

What they have sold is Charter APs. To be able to buy one of these you have to have bought an AP the first year they were offered (I think 1982) and renewed every year since.

If a person who is a Charter Passholder marries and/or has children, the spouse is entitled to buy a Charter Pass and the children, once they are age three, are also entitled. However, if they have any break of more than 30 days they lose the Charter Passholder eligibility.

I was reading a very old thread (trying to find a restaurant recipe) and someone had remembered that Disney used to offer MK Lifetime passes for $99!!

Whatever happened to these?
Do the original owners of these still exist somewhere?
Did they get bought out by Disney?
Can they still go to MK for their lifetime???

I have never once heard of a lifetime pass and wondered if this was for real?

Its kind of cool seeing what Disney used to have and how the everything has changed so much. (now if I could just find that old restaurant recipe)

Maybe you can find your recipe here! :)
http://tomorrowlandvacations.com/recipes/

People who have retired from Disney also have, as one of their retirement benefits, lifetime passes.

These are the folks we know....they can still get in three guests with each of them (basically they keep their employee benefits)....they are the best people to go to the park with....all the remember when stories are priceless...

What they have sold is Charter APs. To be able to buy one of these you have to have bought an AP the first year they were offered (I think 1982) and renewed every year since.

If a person who is a Charter Passholder marries and/or has children, the spouse is entitled to buy a Charter Pass and the children, once they are age three, are also entitled. However, if they have any break of more than 30 days they lose the Charter Passholder eligibility.

Ok...I'll bite. What is a "Charter Passholder" entitled to versus an AP holder?:confused3

Ok...I'll bite. What is a "Charter Passholder" entitled to versus an AP holder?:confused3
It has the same benefits that a regular AP or PAP has but it costs much less.

Adult prices (all quotes are plus tax):

Florida Residents:
FL resident AP renewal - $304
FL Resident Charter AP renewal - $271

FL resident PAP renewal - $400
FL Resident Charter PAP renewal - $356

All Others:
Regular AP renewal - $394
Charter AP renewal - $343

Regular PAP renewal - $509
Charter PAP renewal - $447

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter