What HAPPENED to the Villians?!

xPoorUnfortunateSoulx

Earning My Ears
I was at my local DS here in Michigan a month or two ago and I was told that Villian's are slowly making their comeback into the stores (and possibly the DP's) soon. I remember when I was a kid I could meet Jafar, Maleficent, Evil Queen, Captain Hook, etc at the parks. I literally don't even see Villian's anymore (less Cinderella's sisters if you even count them...)

Does anyone know why they only come out during MNSSHP - or am I wrong and they're there but I'm completely missing them? Also, are they bringing CLUB VILLIAN back? I looked for it last year when I went for tickets and found no information.

Any information would be GREATLY appreciated!

I think Gaston and the Tremaines are the only ones who have regular meets outside of special events and I personally think it sucks myself.... I know Hook and Smee are also in Festival of Fantasy....

Club Villain was always meant to be a seasonal thing and I don't know if it was a construction or budget related reason why they cut it last Fall....

I wouldn't be surprised if we get some fiendish visitors out and about on August 19th (I know Cruella, Evil Queen, Maleficent and Hook were out last year for PhotoPass Day) or out and about in Epcot by the international gateway or world showplace to train for Not So Scary but take both these with a grain of salt

villains are also known to meet during Half and Full marathons but aren't guaranteed

You must be missing them. There are a whole two villians to meet between all four parks! Gaston meets daily at MK- he’s loads of fun. Kylo Ren meets daily at HS. Oh, plus there are roaming stormtroopers daily. What do you mean theres no villians?! :p

The building that Club Villians took place in is going to be the home of a new Cars show.

I think Gaston and the Tremaines are the only ones who have regular meets outside of special events and I personally think it sucks myself.... I know Hook and Smee are also in Festival of Fantasy....

Club Villain was always meant to be a seasonal thing and I don't know if it was a construction or budget related reason why they cut it last Fall....

I wouldn't be surprised if we get some fiendish visitors out and about on August 19th (I know Cruella, Evil Queen, Maleficent and Hook were out last year for PhotoPass Day) or out and about in Epcot by the international gateway or world showplace to train for Not So Scary but take both these with a grain of salt

villains are also known to meet during Half and Full marathons but aren't guaranteed

It's so upsetting. I seriously want (ahem... need) a Villian's park. I guarantee it would be a MAJOR success. Could you imagine a reupholstered Dumbo? I mean, who wouldn't want to ride on one of Ursula's tentacles... :rolleyes1

You must be missing them. There are a whole two villians to meet between all four parks! Gaston meets daily at MK- he’s loads of fun. Kylo Ren meets daily at HS. Oh, plus there are roaming stormtroopers daily. What do you mean theres no villians?! :p

The building that Club Villians took place in is going to be the home of a new Cars show.

LOL. I can't even consider Gaston a Villian LOL! He's just... such a ladies man LOL!

He’s certaintly not one of the “scary” ones :) I think he’s funnier to meet than Goofy is. My absolute favorite m&g. But there was the whole bribing the asylum owner to lock Maurice and Belle up and attempting to murder the Beast thing...:rolleyes1

I've always wondered if the reason for barely any villains during MNSSHP is because of the parades and stageshows. Maybe somebody can weigh in, but doesn't Disney have a loose rule about the characters not appearing in 2 places at the same time?

They used to be fairly strict about that. I remember Mickey and Minnie leaving Toontown to be in the parade. However, nowadays, Mickey and Tink meet on Main St while the parade goes right by the theater, and many of the other characters in the parade have a continuous m&g in the park. Pooh and friends meet continuously at the Crystal Palace and at certain times by the ride. Ariel, Cinderella, and Snow White are at CRT and at m&g- though at least you can’t walk by CRT and see them through the window.

Over at HS, Kylo Ren is in two spots from 11-7 at Launch Bay- regular and Visa line. The same characters are, at certain times every day, both at the character meal at H&V and elsewhere in the park. Depending on the showtime and park close time, Mickey and Minnie meet while also participating in Fantasmic.

There are no repeats at AK. Epcot has just 2 from 11-7; the Visa m&g has two of the four characters that are also at the Character Spot.

There are times where, because of my route through the park, I see the same characters in two places within minutes. I wonder if the kiddos today pick up on it.

Probably the reason for a lack of villians at MNSSHP is to keep the payroll down.

I have always been a villain fan. We loved seeing more of them at the Halloween party last year. We bought all the villain pin packs as well. I am all for more villain merch and a park would be amazing.

It's the same reason there are 23,678,981 different types of dessert parties. $$$$$ People will pay to go to MNSSHP just to see villains

I hate the lack, I do. Sweet Spells is even gone now- no cool windows. Villains in Vogue is no more. Club Villain was one of the BEST experiences I've had at Disney- hell, I said I wanted to be married in that building w the decor. I'm still irritated they stopped it.

I get that Halloween is a big upsell, but I'm not happy that to see a lot of my favorite things, it's go during MNSSHP or bust. Even just a shop dedicated to them is enough for the mega-fan, but there's not even that anymore. And really, it's simple enough!

This is downright my biggest Disney complaint overall. That and the Philharmagic shop..

One of my childhood memories that my family still talks about is my being scared by Jafar at Disneyland lol I thought he was a statue because he wasn't moving and he used to wear that full head mask. So my ever loving family told me to go take a picture next to him... then he put his hand on my shoulder. I ran so fast! :rotfl2:He crooked his finger and tried to get me to come back but I wasn't having it.

They did manage to get a picture of me just as he put his hand on my shoulder and my eyes are like saucers. :rotfl:

I miss the villains, I liked their sass.

They did manage to get a picture of me just as he put his hand on my shoulder and my eyes are like saucers. :rotfl:

I miss the villains, I liked their sass.

:rotfl2:Picture or it isn't true

I was at my local DS here in Michigan a month or two ago and I was told that Villian's are slowly making their comeback into the stores (and possibly the DP's) soon. I remember when I was a kid I could meet Jafar, Maleficent, Evil Queen, Captain Hook, etc at the parks. I literally don't even see Villian's anymore (less Cinderella's sisters if you even count them...)

Does anyone know why they only come out during MNSSHP - or am I wrong and they're there but I'm completely missing them? Also, are they bringing CLUB VILLIAN back? I looked for it last year when I went for tickets and found no information.

Any information would be GREATLY appreciated!

They probably were planning that several years ago but got cancelled #ThanksShanghai ...sorry I've just missed that reference.

I've always wondered if the reason for barely any villains during MNSSHP is because of the parades and stageshows. Maybe somebody can weigh in, but doesn't Disney have a loose rule about the characters not appearing in 2 places at the same time?

As mentioned that may have been a rule but now my understanding is that the rule is that the two cannot be seen at the same time, meaning if I see Donald Duck in the parade he shouldn't also be in my line of sight for a M&G - but nothing stops him from doing his M&G at Storybook Circus. The logic goes, if you could have walked from the M&G to the parade, how do you know he couldn't also. I don't think a kid that believes that is really Donald is checking the time schedule very closely to connect those dots.

Hook and Smee also meet as part of the Pirates and Pals cruise. It seems like Disney wants to keep the most villains from meeting regularly and have them as part of their up charge events (character dining, MNSSHP etc...). Makes sense I guess, if you want to meet "rare" characters you can, you just have to pay more.

Ah, the Villains! I remember when they used to walk around the parks. We met Cruella,the Wicked Queen, and Lady Tremaine a long time ago (15-18 years) at DHS. They used to stalk around the park, drawing crowds of followers. There used to be a Villains character dinner at 1900 Park Fare, but they stopped it. No idea why- maybe kids were getting too scared? I dunno... they were always my favorites and I miss seeing them/related merchandise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter