What happens if you book FP and dining packages, and then change your travel dates?

Always Dream

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I think I read that you can start booking FPs as soon as you buy your tickets. If I do that before I book my hotel, what happens if I have to change the dates later? I don't want to book the hotel now because I am waiting for my passport, so booking anything that isn't refundable doesn't seem wise.

Hi All,

I think I read that you can start booking FPs as soon as you buy your tickets. If I do that before I book my hotel, what happens if I have to change the dates later? I don't want to book the hotel now because I am waiting for my passport, so booking anything that isn't refundable doesn't seem wise.

If you’re staying on site, you may begin choosing FPs beginning 60 days from your arrival – provided you have tickets linked. So your worry, at least as it pertains to FP, isn’t one to be concerned about.

You can book your entire vacation with a $200 deposit; cheaper than your tickets will be purchasing them separately. Dining reservations can be made 6 months before the vacation, FP's 60 days before. Just don't pay off the entire balance and you'll be able to switch your dates if need-be, but be prepared for the hotel you selected to (potentially) not be available if you change your date!

When are you planning on going? That's important info to know ...

If staying on Disney property, you can book FP 60 days out from arrival date. If you're not staying on Disney property, it's 30 days. Booking a resort reservation right now requires only a $200 deposit, which is fully refundable up until 30 days prior to your arrival date. At that 30 day mark, the full trip amount is due, and then it becomes non-refundable.

If the OP is waiting on her passport, she is probably not from the US. International bookings have different rules regarding cancellation than US packages.

If you’re staying on site, you may begin choosing FPs beginning 60 days from your arrival – provided you have tickets linked. So your worry, at least as it pertains to FP, isn’t one to be concerned about.
OK. I thought the thread for FAQ about FP said you could book FP as soon as you bought tickets. The dates are within 30 days, so off-site guests will be booking already.

OK. I thought the thread for FAQ about FP said you could book FP as soon as you bought tickets. The dates are within 30 days, so off-site guests will be booking already.

Oh, well, in that case, yes. If the dates are less than 30 days away, you can make FPs as soon as you link tickets.

That is correct. As soon as you have tickets linked, you can make FP for the next 30 days, but no further. If you change your dates after making FP, then you'll need to redo the FP for your new dates and look for what is available for your new dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter