• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What happens to borrowed points if...

rbuzzotta

<font color=FF00CC>OKW until 2042<br><font color=t
I should have to cancel my reservation and my new reservation does not require borrowed points???

I emailed MS today for think I said they could borrow points if necessary then after thinking, because DH's doesn't have his vacation dates cut in stone yet, I emailed back stating DO NOT borrow points.

I was afraid I may loose them or they would go into an account I might not be able to use.

Can anyone help me on this?
Thanks

Points borrowed remain in the use year they were borrowed in to.

However, what you can do is ask MS to make sure that the borrowed points are used first in the reservation, and you *might* be able to then bank the other points (depending on where you are with the banking limits).

For example, 200 point ressie with 50 borrowed. Becomes 150 point ressie. Ask MS to use the 50 borrowed points first, so you have 100 points from current year + 50 borrowed = 150; leaving 50 points in current use year which you may be able to bank into the next use year.

If you can't do the banking trick, then the only other option is to use those points before the end of the use year.

Thanks firefighterMickey, I thought so but just needed clarification!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter