What happens to regular customers in Disneyland during 'Star Wars Night'?

hrvoje

Earning My Ears
I'm tentatively planning to visit Disneyland on April 25 & 26, 2024.

I've just learned that on April 25th, there is a Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Night event.

Could someone please explain to this Disneyland Newbie what this means? Will Disneyland close early on April 25th? Would it be better to attend California Adventure on the 25th (assuming it's hours won't be shortened)?

Thank you kindly.

I havent been to a Star Wars Night but I was at the parks when there was a Grad Reunion Party a few years ago. The party was in DCA. Whatever park the party is in will close early. There will be an overlap time between the time party goers are allowed in and the general public are there. Party goers line up at the entrance gates and there are specific gates for them only. They get their tickets checked, scanned in and are then given a wrist band or lanyard or both.

During the overlap time both party goers and regular guests are on rides, restaurants etc. There will be a specific time that the park will close to regular guests. At this time, the cms will check for wristbands and lanyards before they allow someone to join a ride queue or enter a restaurant or shop. They will also start to close off areas and lands and start checking for wristbands and lanyards and only allow party guests into the areas.

Its very efficiant, and they are very good at flushing out and gently guiding non party guests out of the park.

Do you have a park hopper ticket or a one park per day ticket? Usually, the park closes early to the general public. For the Disney channel after dark nights, Disneyland closes at 8. If you have a hopper ticket, you could hop over to DCA after. DCA is open until 9 (this is on 3/5 if you want to look at the calendar) If you have a one park per day ticket and Disneyland is your park that day, then the park would close at 8 if you do not buy the Star Wars night ticket. Or you could change your park for that day to DCA and not have to worry about the Star Wars night. Hope that makes sense.

Since you only have two days, I would pick CA for the 25th. That way,your day won’t be interrupted or shortened. Of course, if you havehoppers, you can just go over to CA before crowds build for StarWars night. Or..you could join us all online and get a ticket for Star Wars…that way, you can stay until1:00 a.m..

What is people's experience with crowds that day, i.e., is it best to avoid the park if you don't have a ticket? I posted another thread about this but I am still torn on whether I should just change my day to be a non-Star Wars day.

Once they start letting Star Wars party attendees in, it gets pretty crowded. Otherwise the rest of the day wasn't noticeably worse to me. Maybe rope drop and head out around 7 pm?

I haven't been to a Star Wars night, but we did a full day at DCA during an Oogie Boogie night back in October of 22. That was a tale of 3 crowd levels - morning through afternoon was a normal/moderate day, then once OBB crowds came in it got INSANELY packed, then when non-OBB guests left it was very low crowds (other than the first couple of treat trails.)

Having been to Star Wars nite.....I would ask you the same question as above. Do you have a Park Hopper? If you do, then you should be fine, just know that people will be making a mass exodus to DCA at the same time. This can also affect online ordering of meals/dining.

Most of the SW folks go to Tomorrowland first, in order to get in the queue for the merch. From there, they usually head into the lines for meet and greets. This will include Batuu (for the meet and greets). Those areas get pretty congested. The meet and greets start after the regular guests are directed out of the park.

I hope you have a WONDERFUL time, whatever you decide.

I've just learned that on April 25th, there is a Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Night event.

Could someone please explain to this Disneyland Newbie what this means? Will Disneyland close early on April 25th? Would it be better to attend California Adventure on the 25th (assuming it's hours won't be shortened)?

Thank you kindly.
If you do have the hopper, we find the morning of a special event, it is usually lower in volume. We then hop right before the influx of the special event crowd.

Thank you kindly.
Is there a way to see Attraction Wait times during the After Dark Star Wars?
Thanks

Is there a way to see Attraction Wait times during the After Dark Star Wars?
Thanks
Are the times in the Disneyland app and on the website not accurate? They look reasonable to me: 5-10 minute waits for most rides now that most visitors have been shooed out of the park. It is disconcerting that RotR is "Temporarily closed." :sad1:

Are the times in the Disneyland app and on the website not accurate? They look reasonable to me: 5-10 minute waits for most rides now that most visitors have been shooed out of the park. It is disconcerting that RotR is "Temporarily closed." :sad1:
Ah, Rise is back up now...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter