what has happened to car rentals?

Brumeiser

Total Disney Nut
with all of the major car rental the prices I am being quoted even with AARp discounts is over 1300 dollars for 8 days and Hertz is coming in at over 4000 :worried:. Oh the time frame for our trip is October of 2019, is it still too early to book? If this is the new norm I will have to take Disney Express and use Uber to get around. I could get about 60 Uber rides for their prices. There are reasonable prices but I have never hear of Green Motion or Sixt car rentals. Anybody have feedback on those 2 Car Rental agencies? The reviews are not too good for those 2 agencies. Thanks everyone.

If ur finding bad reviews I’d heed the warning. When I rent I always use Costco... they do the leg work of pooling the companies and I choose what’s best for us while traveling.
Good luck!

No Idea of what kind of car you are renting or maybe it is a 12 to 15 seat bus BUT $ 4000 for 8 days is a lot $ 500 a day ?

No idea what Co. Green Motion Is . could be local in your area UNLIKE SIXT which is Worldwide

Sixt Car Hire co is a worldwide Car Hire co. We use them in Europe & Australia

If you are a Costco member check with them. Their prices for our trip last January beat everything else out there.

Waaaay too early to get a reasonable car rental rate. Book car rentals here for clients all the time, starting 2 or 3 months out I recheck rates and rebook as seasonal promotions are out, often at 30 days or less see rates drop considerably unless there is a major event in that area. Rates tend to jump up either one or two weeks ahead sometimes too, no real definite pattern except supply and demand.

Also have noticed that sometimes rental rates drop when looking on a holiday or over a holiday weekend, for example for Oct. 2019 bet there will be a drop just around or on Labor Day, then rates increase for your same rental period the day after the holiday.

Booking outside of three or four months in advance you are certain to get pretty high rates.

Too early. Renting in 2 weeks from tomorrow. My rental is for 12 days. Full size from Alamo for $372. Not cheap like pass years, but it’s the new normal I can live with.

You need to look closer to the time you leave. I had a coworker who is going next week. He looked last spring for his car rental and complained to me how expensive it is. I advised him it gets cheaper closer to the day you leave. Such enough his 9 day rental was $295 with Alamo that he booked just 2 weeks ago. Also look for coupon codes to help out.

My most recent vacation I found the best price 9 or 10 days before leaving. Start checking 3 months ahead on Costco Travel if you're a member or if you aren't, Kayak or Priceline.

Try some other rental car companies, since that seems awfully high. I tried a random 8 day period for next October at National and got prices in the $400-500 range depending on vehicle size. No rental car should ever cost $500 per day unless you are renting a Ferrari .......LOL. For peak travel times, I would not cut it too close on when you make your rental as you might find all the cars have already been reserved. However, renting a year in advance isn't necessary.

Too early.
I have been stalking for a trip to Vegas in just over 2 weeks. Lowest price I've found so far was today, and it was more than $50 less than my original reservation. On the flip side, our rental in Scotland was much cheaper about 3-4 months out than it was last minute.
Our son/daughter in law to be wanted me to get a rough estimate for a car price for next August for their honeymoon. At 12 months out, it was $1200 for 4 days. At 9.5 months out, it's $700. I'm expecting to pay closer to $300.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter