What has happened to the "room only" discounts?

jmclester

Disney Deddy
Anyone know why WDW hasn't published any "room only" discount codes for the general public lately? I wonder if they are waiting to see the reaction to the new ticket purchase plan and how it may affect those buying packaged deals? Any thoughts?

I got a room only discount last week at the WL. I got 4 nites w/a courtyard view for 856.00 total for April 16-20. Which IMO is pretty darn good! (right???) LOL

I just called CRO and asked em what kind of deal they could give me. They said some kinda code, but I didnt write it down. :(

BamaTigger said:
I got a room only discount last week at the WL. I got 4 nites w/a courtyard view for 856.00 total for April 16-20. Which IMO is pretty darn good! (right???) LOL

I just called CRO and asked em what kind of deal they could give me. They said some kinda code, but I didnt write it down. :(

Depending on the room type you either got a pretty good discount or a really good discount over the rack rates. Any discount is good if you ask me. To clarify, this was a general public code and not an AP code? I wonder why they are not publicizing it? I still think they are trying to push the Magic Your Way packages but I have never found a package that would fit my needs which include saving $!

Because they don't need to. Sounds like reservations are going very well. Any good business person wouldn't discount something if they can sell it at full price.

BamaTigger said:

I wonder if you had a pin code attached to your name and that's why you got it?

BamaTigger said:

There are no general public codes out right now... :earsboy:

I'm excited about the pin code we were able to use for our trip in May. $137 a night for Wilderness Lodge- woods view. I wonder what the standard view price (which was sold out before I called) was!

pouncingpluto said:
I'm excited about the pin code we were able to use for our trip in May. $137 a night for Wilderness Lodge- woods view. I wonder what the standard view price (which was sold out before I called) was!

The Rack rate for May is (is the suspense killing you yet???) $239.00. So you only did about a 100 bucks cheaper per night. I tried getting the AP standard view rate of 139 it was sold out. So I got woods view of 165, not bad cheaper plus better view than standard rack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter