What has happened to these cookies?

I made mine on Sunday and finished off the last piece last night. My waistline does NOT thank you.

It's pretty good and not super-sweet. It tasted sort of like a big fluffly Oreo cookie. I like it better in the evening I made it. The wafers still had a little texture to them. By Monday it was totally soft. Last night, just about mush (but still good). So I do think it's best if it's made in the morning and eaten that evening (for anyone planning to have it after a holiday meal).

I also crumbled some of the wafers over the top so it looked cute. I think you could really "Christmas" it up by adding some red and greed sparkles, gumdrops, or something like that.

I found some Famous Wafers in a grocery store near my daughter’s campus before Covid shut things down. I finally made the cake today. The first time in at least ten years. It was a big hit. I hope I can find them again sometime.

OP here....so, I made the Ice Box cake for Christmas and brought it to my daughter's house along with a tray of sausage and peppers. I guess I must not have been paying attention, actually I don't know what the heck happened , but I accidentally put the ice box cake in the oven, instead of putting the sausage and peppers in the oven!! When my daughter went to check on how the sausage and peppers were heating up I heard a scream!! Well, guess what? The ice box cake was a melted disaster!! We all had a good laugh about it, but honestly I felt so bad. I had put a lot of work into making it and I know everyone, especially my grandsons, look forward to having it every year.
Anyway, no ice box cake for anyone last Christmas!! I'll try again this year and will just make sure I don't put it in the oven again!!

OP here....so, I made the Ice Box cake for Christmas and brought it to my daughter's house along with a tray of sausage and peppers. I guess I must not have been paying attention, actually I don't know what the heck happened , but I accidentally put the ice box cake in the oven, instead of putting the sausage and peppers in the oven!! When my daughter went to check on how the sausage and peppers were heating up I heard a scream!! Well, guess what? The ice box cake was a melted disaster!! We all had a good laugh about it, but honestly I felt so bad. I had put a lot of work into making it and I know everyone, especially my grandsons, look forward to having it every year.
Anyway, no ice box cake for anyone last Christmas!! I'll try again this year and will just make sure I don't put it in the oven again!!

Oh, no!!

I was actually just remembering this thread the other day, as I saw the cookies at a Trucci's market. I do hope you are able to try again this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter