What have people done for transportation for a Cruise after Disney?

lilluv117

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I'm going on a Disney - Port canaveral - Disney trip in February 2014. We're spending 4 days at Disney with friends and family, then doing a 4 night cruise, and then going back to Disney for 5 days to tour the way we like to and do all the things we didn't get to do while touring with friends and family (We know a large group will slow us down). My question is, what have others done to get to the port and from the port to Disney? We are a family of 4, children will be ages almost 2 & 3 1/2 years old.

There are several transportation companies out there that will provide you with great service to/from WDW to the port and back.

I personally know the folks at FLTours - www.FLTours.com - and have used them many times.

One piece of advice I would give is that whoever you choose to make sure you negotiate all pricing and vehicle type upfront.

Enjoy what sounds like an awesome vacation!!!

Have you looked at the cost of renting a car for the entire trip and parking it at one of the extended stay lots? We did that, and felt that the cost of an extended rental was comparable to two shorter rentals and separate transportation to PC. We enjoyed the convenience of being able to hop on the parking shuttle after arriving at PC and take off on our own schedule.
:car:
It was also nice to be able to leave some of our stuff (NOT valuables, just some extra clothes, a case of bottled water, and such) in the car during the cruise, so that we didn't crowd ourselves out of the stateroom.

If you ask this in the Disney cruise section of the boards instead of the Royal Caribbean, you might get more answers. Surely some of the people over there know the ins and outs of all the different ways to get to/from the port and Disney World.

Are you cruising on DCL or RCCL? That info might lend itself to different answers.

Thanks for all the replies! I'm cruising on Royal Caribbean. I have looked into car rentals vs a town car and I think I'm leaning towards renting a car. I've found a rental from Disney to the port for a little over $40 and one from the port back to Disney for a little over $70. I'm not sure if the $40 price will charge me a one way fee but it didn't list one. The $70 one did charge a $35 one way fee. I like the idea of leaving some non valuables in the car to have more space on the cruise so now I might consider the weekly rental. Thank you for all the info! It really has helped.

Thanks for all the replies! I'm cruising on Royal Caribbean. I have looked into car rentals vs a town car and I think I'm leaning towards renting a car. I've found a rental from Disney to the port for a little over $40 and one from the port back to Disney for a little over $70. I'm not sure if the $40 price will charge me a one way fee but it didn't list one. The $70 one did charge a $35 one way fee. I like the idea of leaving some non valuables in the car to have more space on the cruise so now I might consider the weekly rental. Thank you for all the info! It really has helped.

Enjoy your vacation, it sounds wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter