What have you done a complete flip on

When I was in my 20s/30s, I thought wine was the nastiest stuff, couldn't even stand the smell of it. Now, it's my favorite, and I'll have a glass a couple nights a week.

I'm a lot tougher than I used to be. When I was 22, I never could have been an RN. I would have cried every day or had a nervous breakdown. But, as a later-in-life career, it's pretty perfect for me. I changed a lot in 20 years.

I didn't drink coffee until I was in my late 20s. Now I believe it's proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Growing up, I didn't like "country cooking," like my grandmother would make, at all. I went to college and got a whole new appreciation for it. I'd come home, sit down in her kitchen and she'd make me beans, cornbread, greens, salmon patties--man, it was good. Wish I could have some right now.

When I was in my 20s/30s, I thought wine was the nastiest stuff, couldn't even stand the smell of it. Now, it's my favorite, and I'll have a glass a couple nights a week.
This was me with beer up until a few years ago. I want to learn wine, like I did beer. Find what I DO like and what I DON’T. So far I know not a fan of Reds. But I tried what we think had to be a port at an event and really liked that. We have a wine tasting event in a couple weeks that I’m hoping my wine loving friend will go with me to and help steer me to ones I might like.

This was me with beer up until a few years ago. I want to learn wine, like I did beer. Find what I DO like and what I DON’T. So far I know not a fan of Reds. But I tried what we think had to be a port at an event and really liked that. We have a wine tasting event in a couple weeks that I’m hoping my wine loving friend will go with me to and help steer me to ones I might like.

In my multiple experiences with wine tastings, here’s how it goes:
  1. Too many minutes talking about a wine
  2. Small sip of wine
  3. Repeat 1 & 2 ad nauseum
  4. Pressure to buy the wines

I always said I'd never have a gun in my home. Then my girls got into shooting sports and now we have two (though one is "just" a BB gun, we treat them the same in terms of safety rules).

I always said I'd never join a church and considered myself a "recovering Catholic" with no interest in religion. Then we started sending our girls to private school for academic reasons, they asked to be baptized, and our whole family ended up not only joining but becoming fairly active in the school parish.

I said I'd never again live in suburbia. It would be city or it would be country, and we've been living happily in a small rural community for our kids' entire lives. But as the local public schools are going rapidly downhill and the one private HS available doesn't offer the things that my middle schooler wants most in a school, I'm actually considering a move back to the suburban area where I grew up, if only for her high school years.

In my multiple experiences with wine tastings, here’s how it goes:
  1. Too many minutes talking about a wine
  2. Small sip of wine
  3. Repeat 1 & 2 ad nauseum
  4. Pressure to buy the wines

Thankfully this is not THAT type of event. It is more like how beerfests are held. Wineries (and a few breweries and a couple distillaries) all come into the downtown and set up booths in/with the local businesses. No pressure to buy, as there really isn't a way to do so.

Not very interesting but I was a book lover who only wanted real books. I eventually got a Kindle Voyage. I splurged (at the time) and got the one that was the best at that point but also worked very well for me. I use the Kindle a lot because I can read at night without light, I can read on the plane without a light, I can access so many books compared to what I used to have to bring with me on vacation (and worry about book damage), etc though I wish the Kindle had color covers. I love looking at those lol.

I still think nothing beats the smell, feel and reading of a physical book but I've come to really appreciate my Kindle too (and I love Kindle Unlimited).

Handguns. When I was younger I had 2 experiences with pistols, both of them very negative. I never thought I would have them in my home one day.
Religion. Born and raised Catholic but now consider myself an Atheist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter