• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What have you done to convince your partner to add-on

Was your sacrifice worth the add on points

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

crk1971

Mouseketeer
Ok, I keep seeing DH's and DW's saying they have to convince their SO to add on more points at different resorts, and this results in usually giving up some choir or project at home. I want to hear what extremes some of you have gone thru to get that extra add-on.

Let's keep it clean for the boards PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't need to be banned!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I.E. I did the laundry for the whole year for 25 points at OKW! (just an example, I didn't do it.)

LOL, well I voted yes, but in reality, it didn't take any sacrafice on my part, because DH had the same desire for points. I was just the one who started the ball rolling. I thought talking him into AKV points was going to be difficult, but that seems to be easy too! EIther I'm getting better at manipulating, or he's losing his will to object!:thumbsup2

I got my DVC....he gets a boat.

It wasn't really a sacrifice...it's just that if he was totally on his own, that would be how he would choose to spend his leisure dollars. Me? All of my leisure dollars (and then some!) go to the Mouse. He likes DVC more than I like the boat, I think!

Actually my DH has brought up the "we'll need to add on points". Playing some more with the point charts(thanks to Caskbill's software!) and when we would like to go, I see his point and agree. We'll probably do this in the next year as we want to "try out" some of the other DVC's. First on the list is VWL, for our first trip "home".

The big problem will be where to do the add ons! I am not allowed to mention the possiblity of CRV for a week or AKV for that matter!

My convincing of my DW was easy, she was just as eager to buy in dvc as i was so all i had to tell her was that we are starting out with 200 banked points and she was in. Plus we are the parents of a curious soon to be 3 year old and 4 month old twin girls, we need to have a place to get away from it all.

All my husband said when I told him the AKV points were going on sale was to make sure that we had a high enough credit limit on our Disney Visa to cover paying for them all at once. (We earn Disney reward dollars that way.) I raised our limit that very minute.

While relaxing by the pool at SSR, I mention wouldnt this be nice to do every year for 2 weeks? It was really very simple :woohoo:

I stayed single... then it's just MY decision.

I stayed single... then it's just MY decision.

You go girl! :thumbsup2

I didn't have to sacrifice anything for an add-on...just asked DH if he was agreeable about the same time he wanted to dabble in the stock market a little more. ;)

I own with my senior dad. If I want to convince my dad of an add-on, I either pull out the point charts and show what we could do with more and/or just buy them solo and ignore his attempts to talk me out of it.

I was tempted with AKV, but I'm holding out for CRV. We pay cash so it's a matter of just saving up and waiting. And with no dependents beyond myself, it's a lot easier for me to save. Deciding what you're saving for, now that's the question.

My job is to plan the vacations with certain conditions:

...Don't take too many DVC vacations without him.
...Don't always invite people to come with us.
...Always schedule a vacation in December.

Yes, I can to that! We have added on to our original 200 quite a few times, we own 575 now, and I'm very very strongly leaning for 100 AKV.

Bobbi:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter